Customer Service 866.965.0400

How The Junkman Spent His 4th!

Junkman2008

... and shock be to all, this thread is not about food!

I live a couple of miles from the world famous Churchill Downs. However, I am not much into gambling so I have only been there once and I never placed a bet. That changed on the 4th.

corvette_downs1.jpg

I drove down and hooked with one of my customers and some of his friends. I knew nothing about how to place a bet or what to bet on. I can however, read and ask questions. After finding what the safest bet was, I got my lingo down and headed to the betting window. The only thing I said every time was, "Five dollars to win, place or show on number (insert horse number)." That was all that was required to get my slip and head back to my seat.

cdowns_1.jpg

At my seat, I waited for the fun to begin. It was kinda weird how they rushed the horses into the gates and as soon as the butt of that last horse was shoved into the gate, they all came busting out! My horse in this race was number 9.

cdowns_2.jpg

cdowns_3.jpg

cdowns_4.jpg

cdowns_5.jpg

cdowns_6.jpg

cdowns_7.jpg

My horse somehow managed to give up his second place spot but hey, I still got paid!

cdowns_8.jpg

cdowns_9.jpg

I pretty much broke even because I got there late. There was a horse called "AJ's Conquest" that I would have bet the house on but I missed that race.

That darn horse came in first! :willy:

I didn't know that the horses ran on grass. I thought it was a dirt track.

We have 2 horse tracks by me but I have never been.

If it was more like the dragstrip I might want to go. :jester:

Neat pics AJ. :cheers:

I spent my 4th driving home from vacation. I beat the traffic. :burnout:

Very cool. No food, but I see a nice smokey treat there in your hand. :thumbsup: You a casual aficionado too?

Never been to a horse race, but we go to Jai Alai here once in a while...similar betting, but its on people, no horses. :D

I didn't know that the horses ran on grass. I thought it was a dirt track...

They alternate with each race and run on both all day.

cdowns_10.jpg

Very cool. No food' date=' but I see a nice smokey treat there in your hand. :thumbsup: You a casual aficionado too?[/quote']

That was a prop. I can't stand cigarette smoke but I can somewhat tolerate a stogy. :)

That was a prop. I can't stand cigarette smoke but I can somewhat tolerate a stogy. :)

Awesome!

Agreed! HATE Cigs... Was walking with the wife the other day and a guy was on his back deck smoking... Smelled GOOD! Never smoked a thing and never will.

Archived