Customer Service 866.965.0400

old noob learning new tricks

CTSVdude

Hello everyone!

I've been lurking in and out of this forum for a coupla weeks. Looking back, it's kinda weird how I even got started in all this. A termite inspector came by to do an inspection, and saw my car in the garage. He suggested Collinite 845. I had never heard of the stuff. I did some light research, couldn't find any derogatory info about it (besides it's hard to remove), and decided to pick up a bottle.

My car is black, the paint is in really good condition, and folks can't believe it's 5 years old. Appears it had either been detailed or the previous owner really took good care of it. Bought it from a broker, and believe his "cleaning crew" may have used one of those stiff nylon brushes you wash boats with on it. The wax I had used diminished those brush marks significantly, but I know they're still there. One thing led to another, researched the PC 7424, which led me to Junkman2000s videos that led me here.

Been obsessed ever since! I've watched all the Adam's videos, and saw the plastic baggy tip. As good as I thought the car looked, I now realize it can look even better. My car didn't pass the baggy test, and next thing ya know, I'm claying the car! I'll be purchasing the 7424XP along with Adam's line of products. Really pumped about that Super VRT too!

Anyway, I've picked up a lot of good info in here, as well as a few laughs, so decided to join. By the way, I think I'll hold off on that bottle of Collinite in that it appears it's better for light colored cars anyway. The car gets plenty of attention as it is, but looking forward to steering people in this direction when they ask me how I got my car so clean! :D

:welcome: Jim!

It's always good to see another convert! The Super VRT is awesome, its going on 3wks without re-application for me! Might I suggest some Americana for waxing... 1 pot will last you forever; 2 Coats of Americana will last 3-5 months!

Welcome-05a.gif:hi::hi:

There is alot of information on just about every detail subject you can find right here on AF.

If you can't find the answer then just ask and someone will jump in to answer it.

BTW...Junkman loves food so most food related questions you can PM to him. :lolsmack::jester:

Archived