Customer Service 866.965.0400

Yikes - Need help with some fmp on black trim

Michael415

Question

First off thanks for taking the time to read my dilemma. On the top part of my windshield there is a plastic or really hard rubber strip that I got some fmp on. It also had some white film on it when I purchased the car new from the dealer and so its probably a combo of fmp and something else. This stuff is HARD to remove, I mean way hard. I looked closely and its not scratched up. I have washed the car lots of times and today I tried diluted 10:1 APC on it to little effect. I am stumped. Any idea or suggestions on what I can do to remove the polish w/o melting the rubber/plastic? I can take a pic tomorrow if anyone thinks it will be useful. Thanks again and I look forward to your replies!!!

18 answers to this question

I am seriously going to try this PB trick on my friend's G8. We did the detail session about six weeks ago and you can definitely see where the wax overlapped. Some of the locals wondered why I wanted mine taped off and now I can see it for myself why I wanted it done. Anyway that PB trick is def much cheaper than using the APC ....save that for something else!

:) :) :)

Oh I never thought anyone on this site would mislead me, it was just funny to be smearing PB on the car. Kinda funny though as I was finishing up a homeless guy came by and asked what I was doing with the rest of the jar, lol. Lucky I had bought two.:lolsmack:

That made my day that you helped the homeless man!:grouphug:

Michael, I wouldn't mislead you!:lol: Now treat all your rubber and trim with VRT before you polish or wax to protect it!:thumbsup:

Oh I never thought anyone on this site would mislead me, it was just funny to be smearing PB on the car. Kinda funny though as I was finishing up a homeless guy came by and asked what I was doing with the rest of the jar, lol. Lucky I had bought two.:lolsmack:

Try APC on a rag and scrub at it and scrub at it and scrub at it....... Watch the paint!!!

Just out of curiosity what exactly can apc do to the paint? I wonder if I should tape it off before trying the apc full blast.

Archived