Customer Service 866.965.0400

SHR on chrome bumpers?

Ian6

Question

My bumpers are in good shape for being 20+ years old but I have the sickness like many of you guys and if they can look better than why not.

So is SHR safe and effective to remove fine scratches on chrome? I know it wouldn't fix anything that you can feel I'm only talking about the very fine scratches similar to swirl marks.

8 answers to this question

I think you missed a spot though T!

lol

I don't know if I'd use SHR on the chrome... I don't think you'll make any real headway on it and I think if anything you'll cause more damage. Chrome is VERY hard and not meant to correct. Like Teresa said, I'd be more apt to shine it up with MP and then put a layer or two of BSG on it to make it really pop.

Chris

alright thanks guys and gal lol, I just didnt think the MP would do anything because in the adams video Adam said that it makes decent looking metal look amazing and it didnt say anything about removing any fine scratches. But i'll order the metal polish with my next order when I get the RP, VRT, glass sealant, and some microfiber towels. I'm sure it'll be worth a shot.

Archived