Customer Service 866.965.0400

The Junkman and Adam's At the Ohio Corvette Club Alliance Show!

Well folks, another weekend and another road trip for the Junkman. This time I attended the Ohio Corvette Club Alliance Show in beautiful downtown Lancaster, Ohio. A very nice and clean little town that reminded me a lot of downtown Boiling Springs, PA. Parts of New Jersey that I saw looked like this too. It was a friendly little place.

Well lets get to what was going on through pictures. First off, only a few folks knew who I was, and one guy told me that what I was going to demonstrate wouldn't work using a PC and some polishes that he had never heard of. He told me that he has painted cars for 35 years and I couldn't do what I claimed I could do. Well you all know how this story ended, but we will go through the pics just for the fun of it.

I had a mishap with my brakes that grounded my Vette for the weekend so I had to rent a car. My choices were a small square box or a Cadillac. It was no Vette but it did okay in a crunch. One thing I immediately noticed when I picked it up was that it looked like it was detailed at a rental car garage (imagine that). Check out the wheel wells:

lancaster2010_16.jpg

That car was a mess. I had to detail it just so that I could drive the thing. Once I got it presentable, it looked halfway decent.

lancaster2010_17.jpg

One thing I want you to notice. This picture is of one of the tires that I dressed with the new Super VRT. This is after 2 days of driving in the on again, off again rain. It still looks good, and that is after one application. Those tires have never seen any type of tire dressing before. That speaks volumes about the new Super VRT.

lancaster2010_18.jpg

Back to the event. I had a little trouble finding a demo car until Chad with Unique Coatings showed up with his work truck. Chad is a member of the GenCoupe forum that I post on and heard that I would be in town. He offered his truck up for the demo and I was glad to see it show up. He told me that it is never washed, much less detailed and that it would make the perfect demo. I was thinking more like a horror story but once I saw it, I saw potential.

Here's the specimen in question:

lancaster2010_1.jpg

Here are some close up shots of the damage. The swirls and scratches were in rare form!

lancaster2010_2.jpg

lancaster2010_3.jpg

lancaster2010_4.jpg

lancaster2010_5.jpg

lancaster2010_6.jpg

lancaster2010_7.jpg

lancaster2010_8.jpg

And now for the fixed versions! I finished up just as it started to rain. In the pictures, what may appear as scratches or dust are actually rain drops. Somebody up there likes me. :)

lancaster2010_9.jpg

lancaster2010_10.jpg

lancaster2010_11.jpg

lancaster2010_12.jpg

lancaster2010_13.jpg

lancaster2010_14.jpg

lancaster2010_15.jpg

Needless to say that the gentleman who doubted what could be done with that truck using a PC and Adam's Polishes changed his tune at the end of the show. He even told the folks at the show that I was the real McCoy!. That was kinda funny! I lucked out though. That truck was bad, but it had some soft clear coat. It corrected up right nicely. :)

Now for some more pics from the event.

lancaster2010_20.jpg

lancaster2010_21.jpg

lancaster2010_22.jpg

lancaster2010_23.jpg

lancaster2010_24.jpg

lancaster2010_25.jpg

lancaster2010_26.jpg

lancaster2010_27.jpg

lancaster2010_28.jpg

lancaster2010_29.jpg

lancaster2010_30.jpg

That's all folks! :thumbsup:

The Junkman

Wish I could have gone.. looks like a great time had by all..

And I would have shown you all my secrets too! ;)

:lolsmack:I bet that guy was embarrassed! Super nice job on both cars :pc:!!!! Also nice pics:2thumbs:

You should have seen him. He did a total 180.

Well at least he apologized. I would think a dead give away would be considering you have an Adams t-shirt on because Adams is the best car care co. Out there yaahhhhh. :pc: :pc: (ps. I think Adams needs some those like monster energy Girls but Adams girls) I would defiantly walk up then. :lolsmack::lol:

• 10 months later...
Good job on the truck! And my god! What a Vettes! LOVED the red/black targa C3!

Is the corvette a loved car in America? or is it forgotten, and can you buy a good one for 10K$?

It is still a much loved car in America, especially at my house :D:D:D

:patriot::patriot::patriot:

Good job on the truck! And my god! What a Vettes! LOVED the red/black targa C3!

Is the corvette a loved car in America? or is it forgotten, and can you buy a good one for 10K$?

You can buy a 3rd or possibly a high mileage 4th generation Corvette for that money but not much else unless you want a salvage title car.

So mixed stories here then. Well the C3 is a classic in my mind. Here in Holland USA-dealers will tell you that those cars cost next to nothing.

What money would you say, buys you a great (not A1 restoration) complete drivers corvette from 69-71?

And I know ebay for buying cars. But are there other sites where people list their vehicles if they want to sell? (I like checking prices and such about cars I like :) )

So mixed stories here then. Well the C3 is a classic in my mind. Here in Holland USA-dealers will tell you that those cars cost next to nothing.

What money would you say, buys you a great (not A1 restoration) complete drivers corvette from 69-71?

And I know ebay for buying cars. But are there other sites where people list their vehicles if they want to sell? (I like checking prices and such about cars I like :) )

Then go to digitalcorvettes.com or corvetteforum.com. You'll find just about everything you've ever wanted to know about Corvettes at those sites. They both have a classified section. You will find that prices will vary.

Archived