Customer Service 866.965.0400

1936 Auburn Boat-Tail

nik

The car was built from scratch, from what I remember from what my buddy told me it took about 3 years to build, from the original sketch to the finish paint job. I do not know all the details but it has a vette motor under the hood with a procharger blower. body panels are fiberglass, all the hardware, lights and emblems i believe are from Auburn, it has ac, power windows, the rims are one offs, I think he said the back rims cost him $800.00 a rim. I told Nic I will do the fenders she can do the hood. I have no idea how we are going to do the hood, the stretch to the center of the hood is a long way.

The spider webs are impossible to get out!! But on the flip side the black fenders look amazing with just the SHR. cant wait to put up the final pics. Prob wont be til about the middle of the week

How'd ya get those pics up?? :jester:

and yes...THANK YOU jeff for guiding me thru the process of putting the pics up! Literally could not have done that without him. haha:2thumbs:

:help:Need help!!!!!!!! the side/wing window is plexi-glass. We were going to use SHR , or just glass cleaner...but given we haven't cleaned something like before my dad and I are afraid to just jump into it without getting advice or feedback. PLEASE help and let us know what you think would be best !!!!!!!

While we are on the subject of help. The entire car was done with clay bar, swirl and haze by machine and hand, revive polish by machine, and the blue revive by hand. About 1/4 to 1/2 the car can not be done with a machine because of tight spaces. I was going to fine machine polish only the hood, trunk lid tops, and part of the fenders, the rest has to be done by hand, this car has a ton of nooks and crannies. My question is should I skip the fmp and just do a coat of americana by hand to the entire car?

• 2 weeks later...

I am sure she loves the compliment John. But those came from the car with the hood up in the garage. She was not driving the mustang at the time. I tell her to go around the burnout box at the track.

Archived