Customer Service 866.965.0400

Wheel Protectant

This year a certain company, we shall call them "Company X" due to forum rules, came out with a product called Wheel Protectant or something like that. Its supposed to keep dirty, break dust, and other stuff from getting your rims dirty. It does a pretty good job for about a week or two depending on weather.....

Do you think there is a chance that Adam's might come out with something like this in a Aerosol can, like Company X? I think you could do it and smash the other guy like an elephant sitting on a Geo!

Any chance Adam?

Nothing is ever off the table, but I know what product you are referring to, and its still not even legal in all 50 states yet. Given the massive PITA it was to get I&O approved it'll be some time before we mess with another aerosol.

That being said I prefer MSW on my wheels, lasts longer, protects better. The other stuff reduces surface tension a great deal, but 2 weeks would be liberal... in most cases you'd be lucky to get one from what I'm seeing.

And yes, I make it a point to play with any other companies products as well... have to know what you're up against :D

That being said I prefer MSW on my wheels, lasts longer, protects better. The other stuff reduces surface tension a great deal, but 2 weeks would be liberal... in most cases you'd be lucky to get one from what I'm seeing.

How do you apply it? My rims would be way to awkward to get it in every spot with the PC

By hand. The reason for using the PC to apply it on your paint is its hard to get an even coat over a large flat panel by hand. When dealing with something like a wheel its not all that key to get even coverage, its a small enough area that you can buff off any excess easily. Just use a microfiber applicator and apply liberally to the wheel surface, give it 30 minutes to cure, buff away, and your wheels are sealed.

I have tried both of the "new" keep your wheel clean products that came out this year. I agree with Dylan: MSW on the wheels is the way to go. The two products I used did not live up to their promise on my G8 or my wife's TBSS. I tried each on both vehicles and ended up giving one product away and selling the other one at a garage sale.

Archived