Customer Service 866.965.0400

SHR by hand

Fit08

Question

What does the collective think about this?

I know SHR would work much better with a PC but I have not yet been able to grace my hands with such toolage as of yet.

So, here is the question, what results are you guys seeing with applying SHR and revive by hand. I've been doing one pass using hex pads and yes it looks good but would I be better doing two or three passes of SHR?

I can tell you no matter what I will still have swirls, but can I decrease these by hand do you think with a few passes or one?

Basically I guess I'm I really just wasting my effort??:willy:

9 answers to this question

I would use this http://www.adamspolishes.com/p-483-adams-flip-pad-2-sided-applicator.aspx its a little bigger and made of the same foam as the polishing pad. now obviously if you have the machine it will work bette but you can do it by hand just wont have the OPMs by hand lol. it will also be harder but you can get some decent results this way.

you should be able to minimize them quite a bit by hand, you wont be able to remove all of them but you will definitely get visible rewarding results.

Yes was hoping for this. Now is this with muliple hand passes working it till it almost disappears (the product that is)?

yea its most likely goin to take multiple passes, cuz it takes multiple passes with the pc to get it perfect or close to perfect so by hand im sure it will take multiple passes. I dont think this is something you're going to be able to do in one day, I won't lie to you you're arms and ball n socket joints are going to hate you lol. but what is the extent and severity of the swirls you have?

but what is the extent and severity of the swirls you have?

Well, as I'm shorta new to this paint correction thing I'd say the swirls are not deep but very noticeable in bright sunlight.

Unless I'm fooling myself it seems like I did tone them down with one pass of SHR, RP. I'm hoping that it is not "filler properties" of the RP or Butta that is giving me false hope by hand.

I do understand if 90-100% correction is wanted I need to get the good old :pc:and giver.....

I get good resluts with SHR and the flip applicator in hard to reach areas, but I can't imagine doing an entire car by hand. Can it be done with decent results? Sure, but your arms are likely to fall off. I would highly recommend getting a PC when you can.

i did my wife's SRX by hand last weekend. used the SHR, RP, and Americana with the hex grip pads. spent all morning saturday polishing and all morning sunday waxing... afternoons were over 100 degrees so i took my time while it was cooler.

turned out really good. no swirls seen in regular sunshine, but the paint is white which is an easy color to detail.

my arm was pretty sore the following monday.

Archived