Customer Service 866.965.0400

Hello from kansas

emroy

Well i only have the interior kit so far but plan on expanding my Adams collection soon. I have a 2006 GTO and my mom has a 2009 G8 GT (which im in charge of the detailing on also). This forum seems to be a wealth of knowledge which i need because when it comes to detailing im somewhat of a noobie.

I do have one quick question,:help: what is the best way to soften up leather that has become hardened by sun exposure. The previous owner did not care for the seats in my GTO.

thanks

First off :welcome:

Leather - you can clean it with Adam's Leather & Interior cleaner - and condition them with Adam's leather conditioner.

I always massage leather conditioner in by hand to get the leather nice and supple again. If its dried out your going to need a lot of conditioner, the seats will soak up the conditioner but it will breathe some life back into that leather.

Leather - you can clean it with Adam's Leather & Interior cleaner - and condition them with Adam's leather conditioner.

I always massage leather conditioner in by hand to get the leather nice and supple again. If its dried out your going to need a lot of conditioner, the seats will soak up the conditioner but it will breathe some life back into that leather.

thanks

thats what ive been doing ive been applying adams leather conditioner by hand (i read that on here actually) about once every two weeks to the seats in my goat and they just seem to soak it up and then in a couple days they are just as stiff as before. Ive done it 4 or 5 times and im not seeing much for long term results :( ive used over half the bottle of conditioner already. Do i just need to keep applying or are there any other tricks i need to try?

thanks again

Nathan,

Ryan took the words right out of my mouth. That's EXACTLY what I do too. By hand. A lot of others will apply it on a very hot day, put up the windows, and let it sit in the hot sun then repeat. Personally, I've never found the need. But you will most likely see streaking after you've cleaned it and applied the first coat. Don't be alarmed. It's just drying and soaking it up at different rates

You're going to need two or three or more applications, but you'll be real happy with the results.

Welcome to the forum!

:welcomebanner::welcomebanner::welcomebanner:

I assume that Adams Leather conditioner will work instead of saddle soap? But what about the damp rag? or is there enough moisture in Adams conditioner? sorry about all the questions

Nathan,

Ryan took the words right out of my mouth. That's EXACTLY what I do too. By hand. A lot of others will apply it on a very hot day, put up the windows, and let it sit in the hot sun then repeat. Personally, I've never found the need. But you will most likely see streaking after you've cleaned it and applied the first coat. Don't be alarmed. It's just drying and soaking it up at different rates

You're going to need two or three or more applications, but you'll be real happy with the results.

Welcome to the forum!

:welcomebanner::welcomebanner::welcomebanner:

Well ive been applying it in the heat but not by choice lol It seems like its been around 100* since july here in Kansas. Ill just keep reapplying, but if i keep it up at this rate ill have to order another bottle of conditioner. Im sure that they wont mind alittle more business. ;)im sure people can attest to how bad the seats get in the goats get if they are left unattended (which the previous owner did)

thanks again you guys are awesome

howdy Nathan-

I have worked with leather for many years - car seats and leather goods and my show saddles. Once the leather has gotten pretty dry/cracked-it can be brought back but will take more product than you might think.

I would keep at it and with lots of patience you will have soft seats again....:thumbsup:

:welcomebanner:

howdy Nathan-

I have worked with leather for many years - car seats and leather goods and my show saddles. Once the leather has gotten pretty dry/cracked-it can be brought back but will take more product than you might think.

I would keep at it and with lots of patience you will have soft seats again....:thumbsup:

:welcomebanner:

ok thanks ill keep putting more coats on

Welcome nice to see another KS guy. I am in wichita so if theres any adams stuff u want to try before you buy just ke me know or if you need any help with anything. Usually make it to winfield once a month to see a buddy fo mine that takes care of the car collection down town

Joe

Welcome nice to see another KS guy. I am in wichita so if theres any adams stuff u want to try before you buy just ke me know or if you need any help with anything. Usually make it to winfield once a month to see a buddy fo mine that takes care of the car collection down town

Joe

cool i was beginning to think i was the only one lol

and does he take care of Tylers cars?

Yes he does. Was actually down there last weekend when they were moving cars around.

Joe

thats cool he has a TON of nice cars, i wish i had some of his money. It seems like every time i drive by he has different cars out.

How are your seats coming along?? Just think how nice and soft your hands will be when your done. :D

Not worth a darn! i actually have the seats out of the car and the seat covers off and while trying to work the conditioner in i would get some on the back side of the leather but i didnt think anything of it, tell today and they are now harder then ever!!:mad: (i was useing lexol because im getting low on adams) i dont know what happened fill me in if (or how) im an idot and have now screwed my seats up

thanks

thats wierd nathan. I am gonna b detailing at the hosue this weekend if you decide to get out of winfield let me know maybe i can take a look at your seats

Joe

i wish i could but im moving over to pitt Saturday, but maybe another weekend i come home quite often

Archived