Customer Service 866.965.0400

FINALLY! lifted my red nnbs

fortplainman

Ok im asking... Nnbs, bds?

No idea what they mean.

NNBS= New New Body Style= GMT 900 the 2007 1/2 to present model GM Trucks

NBS= New Body Style = GMT800

BDS is a suspension brand. It used to be called Big D*ck Suspension lol now its just BDS

• 4 months later...

i guess a tiny update on the truck. swapped out my wheels/tires for a winter set. stock wheels on 35x12.5 bfg KO's. also picked up some 4.88 motive gears, detroit truetrac, mag hytec diff cover, and a 1 inch spacer to replace my 2 inch for a little better angles. also got for christmas a carriage works black billet grille cutout. once i get the extra funds the gears will go in and i will get a retune. most likely a lot will happen after winter is gone and i can detail the truck as well. heres a couple pics of the things i have:

2010-12-19_12-21-33_886-1.jpg

2011-01-14_16-48-37_417.jpg

2011-01-14_16-48-49_234.jpg

motive488gears.jpg

truetrac.jpg

maghytecreardiff.jpg

NIIICE looking truck- really like the look with the lift and Black wheels - the bright accents on the wheels are just right, and I also like the chrome behind the bar- gives a nice contrast. Plus it is Definitely RED! I think the Red plus black plus chrome is a winner! :thumbsup:

Have you used Brilliant Glaze yet? I can recommend it for red (and black) and yellow and...

okay im gona try to answer the best i can under the influence of having a good time(lolyeah ok lol)

Brian from NJ:

i am having a local shop do it. said 7-10 hours labor for between 500-700 bucks. my father and i do not have the right tools to make sure the backlash and such are correct to have it aligned properly. sure we could do it but not accuratly from the tools that we dont have.

Matt from OH:

i have a black bear tune as of now, but it was tuned when it was stock height. so it will be more specific to what i am driving when i have it retuned my mail and/or when they come down Jersey way for a group meet tune session.

SoCal Doug:

i just bought a bunch of great stuff(PC kit and such) so my truck will get a paint correction when the snow melts. its gona look great when cosmetically it is all colormatched red and black.

Stephen from CenCal:

i hear you about the gears but if you send your PC out to blackbear and tell justin what you want, he would have it back to you really quick, probably quicker than your truck is in the shop getting the new gears. just call/email him and let him know what you want, i believe he sends you a stock unit to take the place of yours incase you need to move the vehicle. thats what i planned on doing with mine to retune it for the gears until the spring tune session here in the NE.

The only issue I see with me trying to do a blackbear tune is trying to drive with a truetrac and 4.56's until I get it. I need to get all 3 things done at the same time as the truck is my only mode of transportation so I'm kinda stuck with a programmer.

You can drive the truck with the new gears without the tune. The speedo will just be off. Don't know how far you are from BB but they are in Cali so I'm sure you could set up something with them to get a in person tune. The BlackBear tune is a lot better than a programmer IMO. I had a diablo predator but moved up to a BB tune with the auto cal which allows me to switch back to stock tune should I need to go in for warranty work.

Archived