Customer Service 866.965.0400

FINALLY! lifted my red nnbs

fortplainman

So, i finally got around to this after its been on for 2 weeks...so here we go. I ordered the lift on july 23rd from Jon at STP. Got everything in time by the Thursday after, a day before I needed them. I took the lift home Friday and installed the rear section.screweed up my finger when the AAL slipped out and worked through a crapload of pain that whole weekend.

Saturday was teardown of the front end, which went all good…until we found out the guy who swapped the old struts out for the new ones put them both the same. Even bigger problem since we were installing it in the garage, the one strut that was put on right, we couldn’t get the air gun on the nut because we couldn’t compress it enough to connect the UCA without lifting the truck off the jackstands.

The next morning we figured out what we could do. We used a come-along, 4 foot pry-bar, and jacked up the truck to get them to compress enough to tighten the nuts on the LCA and UCA. My pulley system was pretty *****in I have to say myself for that to work. But once we drove around to find someone on a Sunday that would turn the strut the right way, that wasted a lot of our time.

We took it to a local shop to do the alignment(cut the tie rods), inspection, weld the plate in on the rear differential cross member, and straighten my exhaust. Only other problem we had was the diff trimming had to do a tad more than the required because it was hitting the lower skid plate.

Other than that and never doing this before, my dad and I had a ton of fun. That next Wednesday I came back home and we picked the truck up and put on the new wheels/tires. Only to find out the stock lugs wouldn’t work. Thank god my dad picked up some locking lugs…only to find out there were 23 in the package.

So the next day we detailed it all up with adams polishes products, only to have it rain and do it all again haha. Used a 3m wheel to debadge it with some goo gone. Also used adams polishes soap and big wash pads, claybar, buttery wax, undercarriage spray, detail spray, VRT, glass cleaner, all purpose cleaner, waterless wash, and towels all weekend. I love the stuff made my truck look good but adjusting to the way this new stuff works compared to meguiars I used to use, just need to adjust the amount of VRT I apply. Started running, probably because I applied it 4 times that whole weekend.

On the way down to the truck show and back, I thought it was really tall, road stiffer, but now after 1500 miles, I love the stance, wanting to go higher, and the right is spectacular. It was a great weekend and the people on here that have seen my truck were impressed with how well everything came together, since it was all a secret, a surprise for the show. It draws a lot of looks and rubber necking wherever I go. But this is only the beginning, next year I will have more done to it.

2007 Chevy Silverado ecsb 4x4 before:

mynewtruck.jpg

Exhaust(sound clip in my sig as of now):

047.jpg

045.jpg

Bullbar(was a gift, probably gona lose it and put the lights behind the grill):

IMG00083-20100530-1505.jpg

Intake:

IMG00081-20100530-1151.jpg

lift kit parts:

IMG00132-20100729-1304.jpg

DSCN2573.jpg

DSCN2574.jpg

DSCN2576.jpg

Wheels/tires:

IMG00137-20100731-1121.jpg

Heres some progress pictures of the install:

DSCN2575.jpg

DSCN2577.jpg

DSCN2580.jpg

DSCN2581.jpg

DSCN2582.jpg

IMG00135-20100731-1120.jpg

RAKE:

DSCN2583.jpg

DSCN2584.jpg

and now with the 6 inch BDS black powdercoated lift, 2 inch Rouch country spacer up front, AAL/Block out back with upgraded BDS gas shocks(made by edelbrock). 35x12.5x18 inch BFG KM1's and 18 inch XD diesels. also debadged the tailgate and sides as well. fender measurements are 46.75 front and 45.25 rear:

IMG00142-20100804-2107.jpg

IMG00147-20100805-1038.jpg

Angles:

IMG00143-20100805-1006-1.jpg

IMG00145-20100805-1025.jpg

triming:

IMG00152-20100809-1703.jpg

IMG00155-20100809-1704.jpg

All detailed up at the truck show:

4877786068_33ab2dbe7c_o.jpg

4877786504_1a1f786428_o.jpg

4877177093_440bf9d6c1_o.jpg

4877177187_81da90ef88_o.jpg

40453_482747009691_504654691_6782170_5509896_n.jpg

39222_482747419691_504654691_6782190_8248705_n.jpg

40775_482759259691_504654691_6782551_5218921_n.jpg

IMG_0845.jpg

Randoms:

DSCN2600.jpg

DSCN2601.jpg

DSCN2602.jpg

DSCN2603.jpg

DSCN2605-1.jpg

DSCN2607.jpg

DSCN2609.jpg

What wheels could look like when im done with them next year:

IMG_0845RED.jpg

now just to catch up, i have the GMPP CAI, MBRP dual exhaust, and BlackBearPerformance tune. Really soon i will be getting 4.56 motive gears, a mag-hytec rear diff cover and maybe switching out for a smaller spacer in the front to reduce the axle angles, as well as a retune from BBP in november.

Hopefully by next year I will have the front colormatched with black bowtie/carriage works black billet grill/cleared headlights, HID’s, tinted tails, HD tailgate cap, colormatched bumper, painted wheels, painted plastics/handles, tow mirrors, maybe LPP LT’s, and if enough money I might go as far as a custom ground cam(gotta do a lot of research for this) , and rerouting exhaust for true dual, racing cats, cutout, powdercoated black with side exit flush with the bottom of the fenders. Just cant find a single in/out MBRP muffler that’s not diesel or a dual in/out.

I have to thank Jon from STP for getting me the lift parts and stuff quicker than I imagined to fit my tight schedule. Also have to thank dylan for helping me out making my ride look amazing with Adams products, top notch stuff. Gotta thank air tools and my dads huge toolbox. Biggest thanks to my dad for picking up my slack since I screwed up my finger. With his 30 years of experience being a master technician really helped. He told me he never wants to ever do this again haha, but I knew he had a lot of fun. My dad and I are big gearheads so it was sweet to do this and go to the truck show, and a good excuse to get him away from anything else. Hope you guys like it, wanna hear all your input on it, thanks.

:banana:Hmm Carlisle All Truck Nat?

yep, parked with fullsizechevy.

looks good!

how do you like the GMPP CAI and MBRP exhaust? does it give you any drone on the highway? is the DOD (v4 mode) noticable?

love the CAI, fits so smoothly and works great. the MBRP exhaust is amazing as well, mellow down low but when you get on it, it has a great tone...just wish it was louder haha. but i have a custom tune from blackbearperformance that turned the v4 mode off as well as for 93 octane...in stock form it ran pretty strong. i need gears though now haha.

I really really want a baja style tube frame front bumper/pushbar combo but for the life of me i cant find them for my truck and dont want to pay for custom fab.

yeah i mean if i paint the chrome up front red, put in a billet black grill with black bowtie like my sig, im not sure if that bar will pull it off or hide too much. i think there are people out there that make them, but i kinda hate the look of some of the manufactured ones.

i've got a DiabloSport Trinity i'll be using in my 2010 silverado once i get my camaro dyno tuned.

deciding between either the GMPP or Volant Powercore w/ scoop as an intake

no clue on exhaust... i like LOUD, any suggestions for a loud cat-back with no drone?

i have the stock 3.08 gears... it runs about 1500rpm on the highway, but kinda sluggish for me when accelerating. i don't think i'll change that cuz of fuel economy. it will mostly see the highway, not the dragstrip. i'm hoping that the intake, tune and exhaust will help that dept.

listen to my exhaust clip in my sig, i love MBRP. your camaro would sound amazing with MBRP and headers.

i really like the custom tune, you should also look into that as well, well worth the money. 250 bucks for in person custom tune and free retunes as long as you own the vehicle vs. paying hundreds more for a hand tuner. more free range for tuning.

holy crap i gotta do something about this, its because of my spacer, and ive been hitting. dont mind the rust, NY winter of 3 years here. even without a spacer it would be really close.

IMG00168-20100825-1808.jpg

IMG00170-20100825-1808.jpg

IMG00171-20100825-1809.jpg

thanks chris! i actually was looking at a black 04 GTO this summer with a 6 speed all original with 80k on it. was so close to buying it to have a toy, but i gotta get the truck all finished up and payed off before i can have other toys.

haha yeah they do. hey hows the BDS kit treating you? look over on GMFS at this thread, its about the kit and the way the UCA's have hardly any clearance. hows that 1.5 zone BL doing, i really have been toying with the idea of getting it, just hesitant on cutting up my bumper mounts. rather lift it with suspension vs. that.

http://www.gmfullsize.com/forum/showthread.php?t=203634

haha yeah they do. hey hows the BDS kit treating you? look over on GMFS at this thread, its about the kit and the way the UCA's have hardly any clearance. hows that 1.5 zone BL doing, i really have been toying with the idea of getting it, just hesitant on cutting up my bumper mounts. rather lift it with suspension vs. that.

http://www.gmfullsize.com/forum/showthread.php?t=203634

I haven't had any issues with my BDS. Haven't noticed any bumping up front on anything. I'm not a mechanical person though but I haven't noticed any problems.

I like the 1.5 it gave me a little bit more clearance and you can't even tell it has a body lift. I got a guy to install it for me cause I figured I'd screw something up when it came to cutting the bumper mounts. Mine is a street queen though ;)

Archived