Customer Service 866.965.0400

Calculus

emroy

Man i just took calc 1 last spring and now im in calc 2 and i don't remember jack from that class!:willy:I remember the main stuff like derivatives and such, but some of the smaller rules, just went in one ear, stayed tell the test and then out the other. Now in calc 2 the teacher goes over stuff and uses the phrase "now remember this rule from calc 1" and then just goes ahead like everyone does. I'm the one that's say "no i don't remember" (to myself) lol but I'm going to have a friend tutor me so maybe i can pass it and not have to retake it. I was just wondering if I'm the only one that has or has had this problem.

ps. i know my grammar is bad but i do my best :D

I got hammered my first year of calculus. My algebra skills were weak to be kind.

Basically sat down every free minute for a couple weeks and made the basic skills second nature.

That was 27 years ago now of course.......LOL. I might recognize an intregal operator now if you put a gun to my head.

wait till calc 3 and D.E.

Ive herd that calc 3 is easier then calc 2. but luckly calc 2 is all i have to take

I got hammered my first year of calculus. My algebra skills were weak to be kind.

Basically sat down every free minute for a couple weeks and made the basic skills second nature.

That was 27 years ago now of course.......LOL. I might recognize an intregal operator now if you put a gun to my head.

I sorda did the same thing in calc 1, spend many hours just reviewing the basics just to be sure i had them down really good.

It can happen. You have to have really good algebra and really good Trig, as it gets used a LOT in Calc 2/3. And then there's Differential Equations. (cough). And if you're going to be an EE you will just be warming up with Diff - lots more after that.

wait till calc 3 and D.E.

Just hearing Diff EQ gives me nightmares. Don't forget Linear Algebra too. I signed up for that class thinking, hey it's Algebra it can't be that hard I've done Calc 3 and other nightmare classes. Boy was I wrong. lol

having an engineering degree, i had to go through Calc I, II, III, and diff eq.

luckily i am a math wiz and aced all 4. thats why i became an engineer, i like math :loser:

it'll be over before you know it! guarantee you, that you will never have to hand write math again... there's a computer program for all that.

It can happen. You have to have really good algebra and really good Trig, as it gets used a LOT in Calc 2/3. And then there's Differential Equations. (cough). And if you're going to be an EE you will just be warming up with Diff - lots more after that.

i know we are already getting into a lot of that stuff and its not very fun :(, but ill live...i hope

having an engineering degree, i had to go through Calc I, II, III, and diff eq.

luckily i am a math wiz and aced all 4. thats why i became an engineer, i like math :loser:

it'll be over before you know it! guarantee you, that you will never have to hand write math again... there's a computer program for all that.

That's exactly what im looking forward to lol I dont mind math i wouldn't be doing this if i didn't like it that's for sure.

Just hearing Diff EQ gives me nightmares. Don't forget Linear Algebra too. I signed up for that class thinking, hey it's Algebra it can't be that hard I've done Calc 3 and other nightmare classes. Boy was I wrong. lol

Linear Algebra isn't that bad. It's just matrix math. It ended up being the math class that I've used more than any other in my professional life. Programming requires a lot of it, especially when dealing with graphics and UI display.

Now Discrete Math, that's the class I hated more than any other. It didn't help that I had a chinese professor who had a really thick accent. The first time he said "Big O" no one in the class had a clue what he had said.

Nathan....Did classes just start for you this week. It may take you a day or two to get back into thinking and recalling. The other side is that you thought you was learning the Calculus I in the spring but you might have been actually memorizing it for the test and to use in class.

I took Calculus I and II, and Statistis I and II. I thought it got easier. Also, I do agree with RedJewel2SS, I do like Math.

Nathan....Did classes just start for you this week. It may take you a day or two to get back into thinking and recalling. The other side is that you thought you was learning the Calculus I in the spring but you might have been actually memorizing it for the test and to use in class.

I took Calculus I and II, and Statistis I and II. I thought it got easier. Also, I do agree with RedJewel2SS, I do like Math.

this is my second week of class i have it M-F from 8am to 8:50am :( so its a 5 credit hour class. But i prefer having it everyday because we cover less material every class and it seems to make it easier, at least for me.

on a side note i have to write a paper for this class and i was wondering if you guys had any ideas for a topic. It just has to pertain to mathematics. (i know i could find something myself i was just wondering if you guys had any cool ideas.)

thanks again

I remember chugging along until I got to DE-then I started not enjoying it so much....but I had some other difficult classes at the time and overloaded myself. If you have any old notes from Calc I to review...that helps...

I will tell ya though-these are days you are going to miss when you are out of college and in the work force. then college is "the good old days" LOL!:cheers:

I remember chugging along until I got to DE-then I started not enjoying it so much....but I had some other difficult classes at the time and overloaded myself. If you have any old notes from Calc I to review...that helps...

I will tell ya though-these are days you are going to miss when you are out of college and in the work force. then college is "the good old days" LOL!:cheers:

You know ive been hearing this from a lot of people but to tell you the truth im much happier working then going to school. (At least at this point in my life) i suppose if i get into a crappy situation at work that has me neck deep in B.S., then i might find myself looking back on these days.

this is my second week of class i have it M-F from 8am to 8:50am :( so its a 5 credit hour class. But i prefer having it everyday because we cover less material every class and it seems to make it easier, at least for me.

on a side note i have to write a paper for this class and i was wondering if you guys had any ideas for a topic. It just has to pertain to mathematics. (i know i could find something myself i was just wondering if you guys had any cool ideas.)

thanks again

How about suspension geometry or the mathematics of an internal combustion engine?

Archived