Customer Service 866.965.0400

Removing Swirls From Stainless Steel

Stryker

Question

This doesn't have anything to do with automotive detailing but since it involves our sworn enemy, swirls, I did figure this was the best place to ask this question.

At my restaurant we have a stainless steel counter that needs some work appearance wise.

49c3c880.jpg

0ef719c0.jpg

8f96b866.jpg

Few questions, 1. Will the PC take care of this? 2. If so can anyone recommend a product to use?

I am curious to try SHR but I think that is more developed towards cars and isn't aggressive enough for metal.

There are a few deep scratches that your fingernail can get caught on. I am not looking to make it perfect. Just bring it back to about 80% since it's such a high traffic area.

Thank for the help in advance! :hi:

:pc:

12 answers to this question

Hi Jon, what kind of restaurant do you operate there? Our Metal Polish will make it shiny, but those scratches are serious!

On things like this, I'd suggest going to the metal polishing superstore, Eastwood! http://www.eastwood.com/stainless-steel-polishing-kit-14-pc-set.html

Thank you for your suggestion. It didn't even occur to me that someone would make something like that. :lolsmack:

It's a pizza restaurant (I know, in Chicago, shocking) I'm proud to say we've been in business 38 years. Here's our website http://www.fasanospizza.com

The counter is smooth to the touch and I think the pictures make it look a little worse than it actually is.

I think my plan of attack will be to go over it with metal polish and the PC. If that doesn't work I might order the kit you mentioned above.

I'm not going for 100% just a noticeable improvement.

I'm in the metal working industry and have a couple avenues to try but both aren't cheap. They'll give you near chrome like results.

The best product out there for this is the 3M trizact disks. Looks like a sanding disk but they're a proprietary product. Metabo will also be releasing the same product made by 3M in the next month or two.

Chris

I'm in the metal working industry and have a couple avenues to try but both aren't cheap. They'll give you near chrome like results.

The best product out there for this is the 3M trizact disks. Looks like a sanding disk but they're a proprietary product. Metabo will also be releasing the same product made by 3M in the next month or two.

Chris

Jon, I work in the metal industry too. At my old place that I use to work for I did a lot of food grade stuff. I can't think of the name of them now, but they were a flapper type wheel. Basically it looked like a barrel about 3" tall made out of a brillo type of material and it would attach to a 4" grinder. These things worked awesome to get that mirrored finish. They came in different grits so you could get the scratches out.

Archived