Customer Service 866.965.0400

Help me switch to Adams interior cleaner

darkhorse13

Question

Hello all,

It all started with an order of Adam's APC and SVRT and I was hooked. Now I am eyeballs deep in everything Adam's (including my newest order of the Foam Gun:drool:) and love the one stop shop for detailing. Needless-to-say though I have not ventured into Adam's interior cleaners and trim dressing because I am ignorant of what to use.

My vehicle is a Toyota FJ Cruiser and the interior is ALL PLASTIC...and the hard plastic material at that. It is the type of rough textured "brittle" plastic that if you scrape it with your finger nail or a hard object it leaves that ugly whitish mark on the surface. Don't ever think about using a white paper towel on it for any reason because it will literally draw on the plastic like a piece of chalk (I hope I painted the picture on this type of plastic). All of these marks can be easily wiped off with a cleaner and micro fiber, but it must be maintained every week to look "smooth" and nice.

I have had great success thus far with 1Z Einszett Premium Co*kpit Cleaner. I simply spray it over everything, even the clear plastic gauge cluster and radio screen, and it simply wipes off with no film or streaks. It also leaves a matte finish and smooth, clean appearance. That's why I like it, it sprays on and wipes off.

I really would like to give Adam's my business for my car's interior but what can I use that's similar to the Einszett? I would even like a product that almost "absorbed" a little more into the plastic so that those white, ugly scrapes don't happen every time I rub a door panel.

Here's my criteria:

1) One step application to all plastic and clear plastic

2) Matte - Low sheen look

3) Possibly an SPF factor of sorts??

Thanks, I know you all will come to the rescue.

John

18 answers to this question

So here's my follow-up...

I absolutely LOVE the Leather and Interior Conditioner for my PLASTIC interior!!! Again, everything is textured plastic from the dash, to the doors, to the console, to the floor. It leaves such a nice, rich depth to my plastic. I would honestly give it a 5-6 out of 10 on the shine scale which exceeded my expectations of a low sheen/matte 2-3 out of 10 scale.

1) It is super easy to apply yet the first coat soaked in pretty fast and a second was needed.

2) It is not greasy at all. I noticed that I missed a couple of small spots so I did the old finger rub trick over the area with product to "spread" it to the area I missed, yet nothing. If you miss a spot you have to go back with product. It definitely soaks in the surface rather than sitting on top of the surface. Only if you glob a lot on do you need a micro fiber to wipe off excess, other than that I didn't need a micro fiber to smooth out the product if applied evenly.

3) My only complaint is that it needs a DIFFERENT NAME!!! Just come up with a new label that says like "Total Interior" or "Interior Conditioner". I waited so long to pull the trigger on this because of the word "Leather" in the product name. Granted, I should have trusted the 110% guarantee but I am a visual man and need to be tricked when it come to advertising :)

I promise to post pics very soon as I am extremely impressed with the look of my all plastic interior!

Thanks Adam's

John

p.s. I am almost embarassed to put some of these picks up here...you can see where the flash of the camera really calls out the spots I missed in the corners :willy: Oh well, that will serve as your before and after since I don't have any before shots.

P1030772.jpg

P1030771.jpg

P1030769.jpg

P1030768.jpg

P1030765.jpg

P1030764.jpg

P1030762.jpg

P1030761.jpg

P1030758.jpg

P1030756.jpg

My BlackFriday2010 order is in!

Going to try the leather and other things except for cloth cleaner and conditioner. Been using the z stuff and cleaner does not seem to get it done. Also need the carpet/cloth cleaner. Throw in a brush, applicators and waterless wash kit, done!

Thanks for the special 15% off...

While I see your point, look at it from the other side... if you wanted a product for your leather, and that was your principle concern, but we only offered something called "Interior Conditioner" you'd likely have the same pause.

I do like the idea of "Adam's Total Interior Conditioner" maybe time for a name change.

It doesn't dilute well with water... so I'd advise against it.

Adam's Total Interior Conditioner has a great ring to it!

Thanks, I will NOT dilute with water.

My only complaint is that it needs a DIFFERENT NAME!!! Just come up with a new label that says like "Total Interior" or "Interior Conditioner". I waited so long to pull the trigger on this because of the word "Leather" in the product name. Granted, I should have trusted the 110% guarantee but I am a visual man and need to be tricked when it come to advertising

:iagree: Maybe Plastic & Leather Conditioner.

My only complaint is that it needs a DIFFERENT NAME!!! Just come up with a new label that says like "Total Interior" or "Interior Conditioner". I waited so long to pull the trigger on this because of the word "Leather" in the product name. Granted, I should have trusted the 110% guarantee but I am a visual man and need to be tricked when it come to advertising :)

While I see your point, look at it from the other side... if you wanted a product for your leather, and that was your principle concern, but we only offered something called "Interior Conditioner" you'd likely have the same pause.

I do like the idea of "Adam's Total Interior Conditioner" maybe time for a name change.

I have not done a proper search on this topic, but could a sprayable mixture of Conditioner and Water be made?

It doesn't dilute well with water... so I'd advise against it.

Buy the Interior Kit with the Brush....

The Glass Cleaner works great! It's effortless when it comes to getting windows clean. Sometimes after I use it I can't tell if my window is up or down.

The Leather Conditioner gives the low shine you want for the dash and makes it look brand new, it also gives your vehicle an awesome leather smell.

The Leather Cleaner.... I honestly use it on my shoes before I polish them since I dont have leather interior.

The Carpet Cleaner and the Brush are great together. I have used it to get grease stains out of the seat, water stains, you name it and it will make it look much better!

I think you should skip any clear plastic with the conditioner, right?

You know I forgot to ask when I placed the order yesterday, but I am guessing that the conditioner would probably fog up the clear stuff. I have Adam's GC though so not a problem to correct.

Thanks everyone! I had Ashley add a bottle of the Conditioner to my Foam Gun order so I should get everything together.

I will use up the Cleaner I have until it is gone and then be strictly an Adam's man!

I will post up before and after pics of my Toyota FJ's interior so people can see what I am working with.

John

I have the vette and the G8. The G8's interior is more of a textured plastic and dash, where the vette is all smooth plastic and dash. I find the leather interior conditioner vastly improves the G8, because of the textured plastic. It looks nice in the vette, but it looks ultra nice in the G8. I'm not too familiar with the interior on the Toyota, but at least you have the 110% guarnetee with Adams so you can't go wrong!

Glad you like the products you have used so far. :thumbsup: The interior products are marketed as leather and interior (upholstery is a different product). They can be used on plastics, leather, etc (although I am not sure how it will perform on clear parts).

I used the cleaner to get it cleaned and prepped, then a nice smooth coating of the conditioner.

It meets all three of your requirements.

1) leather/plastic application (someone will chime in about clear plastic)

2) very low sheen

3) SPF 60 (i believe) in the conditioner.

Plus a very light leather smell. :thumbsup:

Thank you. I agree that the only reason I haven't pulled the trigger on the cleaner and the conditioner is because of the marketing on these interior products. I always feel like the "Leather" naming of the product trumps what the product can actually do...clean plastic too.

I will have to see if Adam can add a sample size of either product to my Foam Gun order if its not too late.

John

<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR vAlign=top><TD align=middle width="41%">66.jpg</TD><TD width="59%"><TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD width="54%"> <TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR vAlign=top><TD align=middle width="41%">131.jpg</TD><TD width="59%"><TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD width="54%"> </TD><TD width="46%"> </TD></TR><TR><TD class=redheading1 align=middle colSpan=2>Adam's 16 OZ Leather & Interior Cleaner</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

</TD><TD width="46%">

</TD></TR><TR><TD class=redheading1 align=middle colSpan=2>Adam's Leather Conditioner</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

These are the products you need!Use Adam's Leather &Interior Cleaner first, than Leather Condition second.

If the Conditioner is shinier than you prefer you can wipe down with MF towel after applying.Great for all interior surfaces.

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>:2thumbs:

Glad you like the products you have used so far. :thumbsup: The interior products are marketed as leather and interior (upholstery is a different product). They can be used on plastics, leather, etc (although I am not sure how it will perform on clear parts).

I used the cleaner to get it cleaned and prepped, then a nice smooth coating of the conditioner.

It meets all three of your requirements.

1) leather/plastic application (someone will chime in about clear plastic)

2) very low sheen

3) SPF 60 (i believe) in the conditioner.

Plus a very light leather smell. :thumbsup:

Archived