Customer Service 866.965.0400

applying MSW by hand?

2K10SS4ME

Question

OK, I cringe even writing this but here it goes.

With the M standing for MACHINE in MSW I understand that it is meant to be applied by a machine but is there anything wrong with applying MSW by hand? I use buttery wax on my garage queen and I apply that by hand but I need something with a little more durability for my Explorer that sees the Midwestern elements (ie. snow and salt). I was looking at MSW but I like applying waxes by hand and wondered what the real issues are with this?

10 answers to this question

get just the gray pad for the small pads. gonna take a WHILE but still better than doing it by hand.

I purchased the 4" Focus Pads Kit for my electric drill but I did not receive the small 4" gray one and couldn't find it on Adams,but I seen a vid clip with either Adam or Junkman using it? (can't remember who)

I did our whole boat with msw by hand this last spring so I know it's doable. Heck... I even own a machine... lol

It DOES suck, and life seems to drag on, but it's long lasting stuff. 2 coats is a pretty good idea if your looking for a whole winters protection.

Chris

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I vote for americana. Yes it is more $ but its worth it. You can easily get several years use out of one jar and it looks great, protects great, and is very easy to work with. You dont feel like you have to work with wax off of the paint like other X brand waxes that offer less then half the protection and durability of americana.

In the video for waxing he goes over both MSW and APW and says that 2 coats of americana will offer the same protection of MSW and I have put 2 coats on since about may and I still smile when it rains.

Multiple coats of Buttery Wax. It would be better than multiple coats of Americana, as far as protection goes.

That's not a correct statement if I'm reading it correctly.

Americana WILL protect better/longer than buttery 1 for 1, 2 for 2, and so on...

Buttery is an AWESOME wax... Easy on, easy off and an amazing shine. It also offers some fillers to really make the paint pop, but it WILL NOT last as long as Americana.

Chris

Archived