Customer Service 866.965.0400

dual action pads

<table border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" height="469" width="366"><tbody><tr><td colspan="2" background="skins/skin_1/images/inside_top_bg.gif" height="65" valign="top" width="100%"><table style="width: 529px; height: 86px;" border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tbody><tr><td class="redheading1" width="422">

</td> <td width="169">

</td> </tr> <tr> <td>spacer.gif</td> <td>spacer.gif</td> <td>spacer.gif</td> </tr> <tr> <td>spacer.gif</td> <td bgcolor="#cccfd4">spacer.gif</td> <td>spacer.gif</td> </tr> <tr> <td>

</td> <td>

</td> <td>

</td> </tr> </tbody> </table>

</td> </tr> <tr> <td valign="top" width="568"><!-- XmlPackage: product.variantsinrightbar.xml.config --> <!--Copyright 1995-2007 AspDotNetStorefront.com-->

<script type="text/javascript"> function popupimg(url) { window.open('popup.aspx?src=' + url,'LargerImage33090750','toolbar=no,location=no,directories=no,status=no,menubar=no,scrollbars=no,resizable=no,copyhistory=no,width=500,height=500,left=0,top=0'); return (true); } </script>

330.jpg

spacer.gif

showlarger.gif

<script type="text/javascript" language="JavaScript"> <!-- var VariantMinimumQty_330_347 = 0; var SelectedVariantInventory_330_347 = 998756; function AddToCartForm_330_347_Validator(theForm) { submitonce(theForm); if ((theForm.Quantity.value*1) < 1) { alert("Please specify the quantity you want to add to your cart"); theForm.Quantity.focus(); submitenabled(theForm); return (false); } submitenabled(theForm); return (true); } //--> </script> <form style="margin-top: 0px; margin-bottom: 0px;" method="POST" name="AddToCartForm_330_347" id="AddToCartForm_330_347" action="addtocart.aspx?returnurl=showproduct.aspx%3fProductID%3d330%26SEName%3dadams-da-75-foam-pad-backing-plate-kit-w4oz-apc" onsubmit="return validateForm(this) && AddToCartForm_330_347_Validator(this)"><input name="VariantStyle" id="VariantStyle" value="0" type="hidden"><input name="IsWishList" id="IsWishList" value="0" type="hidden"><input name="IsGiftRegistry" id="IsGiftRegistry" value="0" type="hidden"><input name="UpsellProducts" id="UpsellProducts" value="" type="hidden"> <input name="CartRecID" id="CartRecID" value="0" type="hidden"> <input name="ProductID" id="ProductID" value="330" type="hidden"> <input name="VariantID" id="VariantID" value="347" type="hidden"><input value="1" name="Quantity" id="Quantity" onchange="if(typeof(getShipping) == 'function'){getShipping()}" onkeyup="if(typeof(getShipping) == 'function'){getShipping()}" size="3" maxlength="4" type="text"><input name="Quantity_vldt" value="[req][integer][number][blankalert=Please enter a quantity][invalidalert=Please enter a number for the quantity]" type="hidden"><input class="AddToCartButton" onclick="document.AddToCartForm_330_347.IsWishList.value='0';document.AddToCartForm_330_347.IsGiftRegistry.value='0';if(validateForm(document.AddToCartForm_330_347) && AddToCartForm_330_347_Validator(document.AddToCartForm_330_347)) {document.AddToCartForm_330_347.submit();}" value="Add to Cart" type="button"><input class="AddToWishButton" onclick="document.AddToCartForm_330_347.IsWishList.value='1';if(validateForm(document.AddToCartForm_330_347) && AddToCartForm_330_347_Validator(document.AddToCartForm_330_347)) {document.AddToCartForm_330_347.submit();}" value="Add to Wish List" type="button"></form>

<script type="text/javascript">var addthis_pub="s</script>

Just purchased this kit and I wanted to find out if this needs the #5 or #6 counter weight. I watched Junkmans Videos and he mentions that the yellow backing plate takes the #5 counter weight, so I'm guessing this package of pads take the #6 counter weight. If this kit needs the #6 counter weight, where did everyone get theirs?:confused:

</td></tr></tbody></table>

AJ says it doesn't matter:

If you operate the polisher at the correct speeds using Adam's pads and backing plate, coupled with the correct amount of product, you will see no difference between the 5" or 6" counterweights.

From http://www.adamsforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=6043&highlight=counterweight

I had the same question when I bought them. Ashley told me the 5" counter weight is perfect because with Adam's pads you are never supposed to go over 5000 OPM's or Setting 5 on the PC.

Hope this helps.

5" counter weight is fine for Adam's Pads and the PC.

I had the same question when I bought them. Ashley told me the 5lb counter weight is perfect because with Adam's pads you are never supposed to go over 5000 OPM's or Setting 5 on the PC.

Hope this helps.

5lb counter weight is fine for Adam's Pads and the PC.

5lb counter weight?:eek:

That 5 pound counter weight is almost as heavy as the PC itself?:lol:

Did you notice any difference from the 5" counterweight? Any smoother? Thanks.

To be honest, I never used it with the 5" weight. The 6" weight is just a little bigger. I read somewhere that you should use the 6" weight with the 6" backing plate to prevent it from burning up. But as Junkman said (I believe) 5" would be fine. At the time I bought my PC I could pickup the 6" weight for $2 more and have free shipping. I did it because $2 then is a lot cheaper then $2 later and $6 more to ship it.

If you don't have a PC yet, P/M me and I'll tell you the cheapest place to get it. But I suggest you buy the 7.5" pad kit from Adam's. That route seems to be the best value that I've found.

I run the 5" weight... with our black backing plate OD might be 6", but you're not compensating for a size, your compensating for weight. The plate, with the cooling holes, weighs far less so the 5" weight is almost perfect to counter balance that. I found the 6" made the polisher harder to handle at speeds 5 & 6.

Archived