Customer Service 866.965.0400

Using Bissell Little Green Machine

1FAST SS

Question

10 answers to this question

I've got one, and I've done it both ways. I'll use the Adam's C&UC, I never used the Bissell cleaner.

There are no issues with putting the cleaner in the hot water reservoir, but my preferred method is to work the cleaner first...then extract with just hot water.

You can do it either way with no issues. If you want to put some in the tank...I used 2 oz when I cleaned my couch last week and it worked fine.

I'm with Dave... I've used it both ways and didn't see any improvement by adding cleaner to the water tank.

Treat the carpet by hand with a brush and CUC, soak any stains heavily with cleaner.

Extract just using the hot water.

Also, another tip - fill the tank with the hottest water you can get out of your tap. Cuts down on the amount of time it takes to get to operating temp and the water it spits out will be much hotter than if you start with room temp/cold water.

I've got one, and I've done it both ways. I'll use the Adam's C&UC, I never used the Bissell cleaner.

There are no issues with putting the cleaner in the hot water reservoir, but my preferred method is to work the cleaner first...then extract with just hot water.

You can do it either way with no issues. If you want to put some in the tank...I used 2 oz when I cleaned my couch last week and it worked fine.

what kind of couch? we have one of those "microsuede" couches that could use a good cleaning. trying to justify buying one to the wife, she might go for it if we can use it on our couch :help:

what kind of couch? we have one of those "microsuede" couches that could use a good cleaning. trying to justify buying one to the wife, she might go for it if we can use it on our couch :help:

Look at the cleaning instructions for the couch, that will let you know if you can use water or not.

Also, another tip - fill the tank with the hottest water you can get out of your tap. Cuts down on the amount of time it takes to get to operating temp and the water it spits out will be much hotter than if you start with room temp/cold water.

That is exactly what I do and works awesome.

Dream Workz Auto Detailing using Tapatalk

I don't know what kind of material it is to be honest. When I get home I'll look at the tag and snap some pictures for you. It hadn't been in roughly 8 years, as we don't really use that couch all that much.

Here is a great tip, that I find works awesome. I have a steamer that has a wall paper attachment on it (say a 12" * 12" square) that I put a white towel over and pretreat the fabric/interior with before I extract the cleaner. I just move it from section to section for about 10 seconds at a time. This loosens up the dirt nicely. The Bissell does not have that great of suction, so any loosening up of the dirt before you suck the water out helps alot.

A word to the wise, and I found out the hard way. I had one stubborn stain on the couch that I couldn't get out. So I took the attachement off of the steamer and just used the nozzle on the stain for about 30 seconds. When the fabric dried, I noticed the fabric was white! It washed out all the color in the fabric because of the intense heat. Luckily is was a pad that I just flipped over.

That is exactly what I do and works awesome.

Dream Workz Auto Detailing using Tapatalk

What I do is max out the water heater the night before you are going to do your carpets. Just something you can try.

Archived