Customer Service 866.965.0400

Competition??

I would imagine ya'll look at what your competition has out and try to develop like products that perform to the same or higher standards right?

I just got a Griots catalog the other day and they have a few neat things that ya'll don't offer (in name) anyway.

A couple of the things that stood out were the waterless car wash (which it sounds like you may be working on), after wash spray on wax (which you spray on between the water blade and toweling process, the dried wax remover for plastic and other surfaces, and the glass polish and glass polish specific DA pads.

Just wondering if these are things you too are looking to come out with.

I LOVE your products and LOVE coming here and learning more about how to use them and use them correctly. Thanks for offering us this forum.

Chris

I'm with you Chris! Griot's is my favorite competitor, and his marketing and printed catalogs are fantastic.

As for the Waterless Car Wash, our Detail Spray is very effective. The DS is also very effective if used like Griot's "Spray on Wax."

This raises a great point, should we have a specifically labeled product for each of those applications, or you prefer to use one product to accomplish each goal effectively?

As for the Glass Polish, try our Swirl & Haze Remover, it's magic on Glass, followed by the Brilliant Spray Glaze.

Thanks for your post, and excellent points!

Adam:2thumbs:

I'm with you Chris! Griot's is my favorite competitor, and his marketing and printed catalogs are fantastic.

As for the Waterless Car Wash, our Detail Spray is very effective. The DS is also very effective if used like Griot's "Spray on Wax."

This raises a great point, should we have a specifically labeled product for each of those applications, or you prefer to use one product to accomplish each goal effectively?

As for the Glass Polish, try our Swirl & Haze Remover, it's magic on Glass, followed by the Brilliant Spray Glaze.

I guess what would help me and I'm sure others as well is maybe a thread on the dual uses of each product. I use your DS on the car while drying now and it DOES make a difference but Griots does have two specific SKU's. One for detailing and the other for the "wax" after washing. Just wondering.

I would agree and am happy to hear you say he's your fav competitor because he does have some good stuff and who ever he has doing his cats does an AWESOME job marketing his product.

The duel use thread could be started by you or your team members and then added to by all the long time Adams users that have found different uses for things that they weren't specifically designed for.

Just a thought! :2thumbs:

Chris

fine print on the bottle stating the uses and multi use listing on the website when ordering would do it for me. personally, the lazy guy in me would rather have 1 product handle more than 1 thing(like the detail spray, that stuff is AWESOME!!!!!! adam)

Thats my 2cents anyhow. keep up the good work Adam and crew. Appreciate your time ya all take on this website and the great products(although it would be nice to have a clinic out here in AZ from time to time lol)

I'm here because Adam does one thing and does it great....Detailing and not selling jumper cables and misc. junk :2thumbs: Just my .02 :glasses:

Thanks Jim, you are the man! The reason we don't sell cheap, imported accessories is that I don't like to add to the already outrageous trade deficit with China. Think about it, every time we buy a cheap import, we are sending our $US overseas, and taking business from American companies. These days especially, our country needs all the help we can get!:patriot:

Besides the fact that the typical Chinese worker earns about $225/ month, the country pollutes beyond comprehension. Add to that, the container ships that are guzzling FOREIGN OIL (fuel) going back and forth, adding to the ocean and air pollution.

On top of that, and perhaps paramount in my book: the quality of goods produced in China are, overwhelmingly poor. (How many times have you purchased a product and been dissatisfied, only to find the little sticker, 'MADE IN CHINA?'

99% of accessories sold through our competitor's catalog and website are low-quality, Chinese goods. I own most of them, and speak from experience.

If I was a normal customer, I'd return 90% of the accessories I've purchased. Instead, I'm a a snoop, checking out the goods, so I can report with confidence and first hand experience. The catalog is for me, like a kid in a candy store, excellent photos, great write-ups, and killer marketing. However, when the goods arrive, they are consistently of low quality, and I can't remember the last time the item ordered was made anywhere but China.

Still need to go to the hardware store to get new bolts and nuts for the hose reel I purchased there. (Anyone want a cheap hose-reel? FREE to anyone who comes to my house in Boulder! It's the cheapest, low-end unit I've ever seen, and the screws stripped instantly. :( Better hose reels are available at Lowe's and Home Depot all day long.

If we find first rate items that are made in the USA, of excellent quality, you may find them on our site. Until then, we will only offer products that are the best you have ever seen or used.

With the exception of our Korean made microfiber, (Microfiber isn't made in the USA) all of our goods are MADE IN THE United States of America.

Thanks again Jim, I appreciate your kindness, and thanks for reading my rant!

-Adam:patriot:

• 1 month later...

Adam,

That's odd that microfiber is only made overseas.

Another company I have dealt with, http://bluejeanscable.com/ (sort of like Adam's for A/V cables), had the same problems with HDMI cables. There were only a few factories in the world making HDMI cables, all in China. They have quality cables produced for reasonable prices, and were finally able to offer cables made in the US(although still terminated in China).

I too am not a fan of Wal-Mart and their 'cheap' prices for imported products. (The only thing I every buy there is Coleman camping fuel for our hurricane supplies.) I prefer paying a little more to purchase non-

Asian made products (especially American made).

Thanks for your great products and keeping the money flowing at home!

OK, off the soap box now.

:patriot:

Agreed! Using our DS after a wash, and before a dry is mostly outlined in our videos, and not enough in our product description.

Here's the Detail Spray:

Adam's Detail Spray

A better name would have been Instant Car Detail In A Bottle, but we didn't want to brag!

What do you say about a product that cleans, shines and protects just about everything on the exterior of your car? Adam's Detail Spray really is like an instant car detail in a bottle.

Use Adam's Detail Spray on paint, glass, chrome, wheels, grills, and trim to safely clean and shine with just a mist and wipe. This product is so versatile, it's crazy!

When you're short on time to wash your car with a bucket and Adam's Car Wash Shampoo, Adam's Detail Spray is the answer. That's because Adam's Detail Spray is an excellent spray and wipe waterless wash solution. Most cars can be completely and safely cleaned in about ten minutes with less than four ounces of Adam's Detail Spray. Your car will look like it was just washed and waxed.

Do you need a solution for bird and bug crud? Adam's Detail Spray is the answer. Keep a handy four ounce bottle in your glove box for the critter litter all over the front of your beautiful car. Just mist and wipe, and the critter litter is gone.

Our exclusive paint protect formula also makes Adam's Detail Spray a safe and effective lubricant for Adam's Detail Clay. This powerhouse combo cleans and smoothes your paint like no other paint cleaner can.

For a better wash and dry experience, after washing and final rinse, mist Adam's Detail Spray over your car and dry with an Adam's Great White Drying Towel. Here, Adam's Detail Spray acts as a drying agent with a kick. The kick is how fast your car dries and the just waxed shine that returns. In a word, WOW!

Use Adam's Detail Spray under the hood to dust and clean all top-side surfaces. Use it to wipe down door jambs and trunk sills, too. You can even use Adam's Detail Spray on the interior of your car as a dusting agent to wipe down your dash, console, door panels and seats. Just mist your microfiber towel and wipe! It's so easy, never streaks, and it smells great!

Adam's Detail Spay comes in a four (4) ounce pump for your glove box, 16 ounce spray and a 1-gallon refill. For the ultimate experience, use Adam's Detail Spray with our spa quality Adam's Super-Plush Microfiber Towels.

I can honestly say the I used Griots for all of my needs on my 32 before I found out about Adams. I will tell you from personal experience that there is a world of difference between Best of Show Wax (Griots) and Buttery Wax or the new Machine SuperWax. I actually had to call Griots to find out how to get there wax off! They say I used too much, but I had to wet it to get it off. I have NEVER found a wax that works so well and is so easy to get off as Adams. I am not so sure about all of the "other stuff" sold at Griots, because I never bought it because it also seemed way over priced. Just keep giving us the great US made products for keeping our cars shining Adam.

I plan on finding out about the dual purpose stuff this weekend when I try the tip of using Swirl and Haze remover on my wifes 10 year old Intrigue headlight lenses this weekend.

I have also used alot of Griots products in the past. I still use a couple of there products like there green wheel cleaner because I have alot of it, but I would like to try Adam's wheel cleaner when I use up the Griots stuff. I've used alot of different companies products and found Adam's and I'm done searching! :D

I bought some Griots stuff last year at a detail clinic at Black Horse Garage. They detail and restore some top end cars (I really went there for the garage tour). I bought the water blade (never again), some paint cleaner (was not impressed), and really have to say that they look great from the catalog (sorry Adam, they got you there, the catalog is great bathroom reading) but it's all show and no go. I started with a Adam's detail Kit while at Carlisle 2007, yes I have looked elsewhere at other products, but in the end Adam's get's my cash.

Keep up the great work.

I bought some Griots stuff last year at a detail clinic at Black Horse Garage. They detail and restore some top end cars (I really went there for the garage tour). I bought the water blade (never again), some paint cleaner (was not impressed), and really have to say that they look great from the catalog (sorry Adam, they got you there, the catalog is great bathroom reading) but it's all show and no go. I started with a Adam's detail Kit while at Carlisle 2007, yes I have looked elsewhere at other products, but in the end Adam's get's my cash.

Keep up the great work.

Thanks for your order just placed Ferenc, and we'll be sure to include extra decals for your son's race car! :bow:

I also love the Griot's catalog. It's a first class publication, and they come so often, there's never a lack of them in my restroom! :2thumbs:

fine print on the bottle stating the uses and multi use listing on the website when ordering would do it for me. personally, the lazy guy in me would rather have 1 product handle more than 1 thing(like the detail spray, that stuff is AWESOME!!!!!! adam)

That is a very good idea. I think you could probably put it on the label without too much work?

As for Griots I do beleive that their speedshine is a good product and is literally very slick but it is not easy to get off.

Usually the harder it is to remove a wax the better it protects. At least that's what I read here. Personally I would rather wax three times then struggle removing it. I LOVE the buttery wax. I have some Griot stuff though. Some things they offer that Adam doesn't. Like their VERY soft boars hair wheel brush. DMAN it's nice. My dogs love it too... lol

So, you can put on the SHR by hand for the glass? Then follow with glass cleaner or BSG? Any help would be great. Thanks.

So, you can put on the SHR by hand for the glass? Then follow with glass cleaner or BSG? Any help would be great. Thanks.

Hi Rob, indeed, you are correct! Do you have water spots now, or stains of any kind?

Thanks!