Customer Service 866.965.0400

Redeemable point system?

Just thinking out loud, I wonder how people would feel about this type of system replacing the currently available discounts. Such as forum discounts, military discounts, birthday discounts and daily specials to name a few.

I'd be interested to hear what the details of this proposed plan would be? That's kind of a loaded question tilted towards one side of the argument by listing all the pro's of the current system, and then providing nothing for the other side of the argument.:thumbsup:

I plan on using my military discount this weekend...that needs to stay:lol:

We're allowed to reuse the forum code on every order? Seriously? If that's the case..DOH! Money wasted on my part over the last two years.:loser:

Dude...Yes of course you can. That is one thing that is great about the discount codes that Adam's offers....you can use them in conjunction with the daily specials!!!!!! This is the only company that I know that does that:cheers:

Edited by 07RS4

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We're allowed to reuse the forum code on every order? Seriously? If that's the case..DOH! Money wasted on my part over the last two years.:loser:

Hahahahahahahahahahaha...

I've used the one from my G8 forum nearly every time I've ordered. 10% baby! :thumbsup:

I'd be interested to hear what the details of this proposed plan would be? That's kind of a loaded question tilted towards one side of the argument by listing all the pro's of the current system, and then providing nothing for the other side of the argument.:thumbsup:

I plan on using my military discount this weekend...that needs to stay:lol:

Sorry but I don't have a proposed plan, I was just curious. But now that you mention it there sure are a lot of pro's for the current system :)

Sorry but I don't have a proposed plan, I was just curious. But now that you mention it there sure are a lot of pro's for the current system :)

Heck yeah there is:lolsmack: You got that right:rockon:

There will always be pro and cons for different ideas on this matter at hand. I am happy with system now. We all would love to sneak into a reward system, it would be nice.

The one thing we do get is alot of advice, and I mean alot of it. Not alot of times that the owner will email you and PM you or even offer to call to help you out. Got Dylan, Mook-Alot and the rest of the crew that give all the help they can. Plus all of the cats on this forum.

We get the forum discount,,, daily specials,, some mints,,, and one great customer service team. :cheers: Get to go to some great detailing clinics.. :rockon:

The only thing I got left to say is........ :2thumbs::mail:

This has been brought up before. It's not going to happen. I think everyone is wasting their time.

I remember it being posted last year and the year before.

I'm getting highly disappointed lately whenever I get on the forum. The last week it seems like every day there is a new thread trying to get stuff for free or get a sale.

Honestly I don't think I've ever seen a company have as many sales and deals as what Adam's does. This is getting out of hand and I have a feeling something bad will come out of it because everyone keeps asking for more and more and more.

The more sales and free stuff a company gives away the less money they make. When they start to make less money they do away with the sales or jack up the prices. It's all logical. In the very end... You end up paying the same price.

I feel like you guys don't understand how money and business works.

Rather disappointed... :(

Edited by Kingsford

This has been brought up before. It's not going to happen. I think everyone is wasting their time.

I remember it being posted last year and the year before.

I'm getting highly disappointed lately whenever I get on the forum. The last week it seems like every day there is a new thread trying to get stuff for free or get a sale.

Honestly I don't think I've ever seen a company have as many sales and deals as what Adam's does. This is getting out of hand and I have a feeling something bad will come out of it because everyone keeps asking for more and more and more.

The more sales and free stuff a company gives away the less money they make. When they start to make less money they do away with the sales or jack up the prices. It's all logical. In the very end... You end up paying the same price.

I feel like you guys don't understand how money and business works.

Rather disappointed... :(

Please tell me how business and money works?

Sorry you are so "disappointed".

Please tell me how business and money works?

Sorry you are so "disappointed".

I'm not going to start this argument and I don't think you should ether.

These days I think everyone is asking every business for more and more and more, for less. Just tough times.

I agree it's tough times but it's not just tough times for consumers it's tough for everyone.

It's called "PREMIUM" car care for a reason.

Edited by Kingsford

Not trying to start any trouble, just saying:

I feel that these days no matter where you go, there will be people asking for more discounts, promotions, sales, etc. Just the way the economy has sort of set the minds of many people, and it completely makes sense and it understandable. From my point of view, a college student paying thousands in tuition/books/etc, it's sometimes difficult for me to afford some of these products. I've been spending more for Adam's products than I do on other things, and I'm always looking for the next big sale to help me get that one more polish or pad or whatever.

The daily special is awesome and really helps, as well as these 10% discounts and so forth. I'm really grateful for those, but there's a part of me I won't be able to change that always will want to get more for my money. That may sound greedy, but that's life. I want to support Adam's awesome company as best as I can, but I can't just buy everything without thinking about it. Sometimes it really is just hard to not ask for more. And for that, I apologize to Adam, but I'm sure he understands.

The only thing I really don't like; some have stated that Adam has a company to support, employees to pay, bills to pay, and a family to take care of. I understand that completely, however, everyone else has bills to pay, families to support, and other expenses, yet they still support Adam's as much as they can. Adam's choice to make car care products is his personal choice, he could have been a doctor and made more money, but it's his passion, one that we are all glad for, but to sound as if only he has expenses, that's a bit unfair.

I don't mean to start any more arguments or offend anyone, and if I have I appologize, I'm just trying to share my thoughts in a mature manner. I would lastly like to say that if you are more financial stable than others and don't have to worry about the prices and can freely order whatever it may be that you want, please understand that there are those that can't, but they do their best to support this company.

The grocery store that I frequent does it.

Smith's - My Smith's - My Rewards

And so does Subway.

Subway Rewards Card

Marriott Hotels does it.

Marriott Rewards - Marriott Rewards program at Marriott.com

Just fiqured out this year to pay my annual fees with the card and earn triple points.

Do these places also do sales for every holiday and daily specials?

I think the only way would be to give up the specials we already get if this is what you guys really want. Which in turn would probably lead to more expensive products and it wouldn't be worth it at all.

Give a child candy Monday thru Friday and they'll start wanting it Sat and Sunday as well. :willy:It's human instinct to want more than what you are already getting.

But just because people want more...doesn't mean they'll get it. but it ALSO doesn't mean they will stop being loyal customers when they don't.

For me, personally, I’m not an Adam's customer because of the prices. I'm a customer cuz of the quality. and some consumers forget that when it comes to specialized products. The specials are fantastic around here. will ANYONE disagree with that? no. But let’s be honest. we are here because of the QUALITY of Adam's. If that wasn't the case, we'd all be buying Turtle wax and Walmart towels and being satisfied with mediocre “shine” on our pride and joys.

No. That’s NOT for this guy. :mad:

I’ve spent countless dollars and blood and sweat building my truck. It’s a statement of my tastes and attitude…and a point of pride for what I own and have created. I LOOK FORWARD to the time I get to clean her up. And I want it to look its absolute BEST when I’m done. Adam’s clearly understands and believes in the same thought process. With the quality of products, the results, the extremely detailed support and videos, and even the scents of the products….it’s all helped make detailing it and spending time making her shine is one of the most enjoyable parts of my week.:pc:

And I bet almost all of you feel close to the same way. Or, again, you’d be buying cheaper MOTHERS junk and moving on with just another “ok” ride with an “ok” shine.

I can't help but want to spend a bit less when it's possible...but it's not going stop me from still buying. Specials, discounts, contests removed....when i'm running out of Brilliant Glaze....i'll be buying more regardless. What the specials and discounts REALLY do for me....is talk me into restocking supplies that don't QUITE need restocking yet :lol: ....or trying out products i wouldn't normally think i'd need. :thumbsup:

Edited by DemoN

So I ask once again, what is the discount code to use to get our discount? I didn't know there was one and would love to know what it is? On another note, I just placed an order and got free shipping, I think Adam's is very generous with discounts and daily specials. Besides, when you are selling quality products like Adam's, is there really a need to discount high quality products that are well worth their price!

So I ask once again, what is the discount code to use to get our discount? I didn't know there was one and would love to know what it is? On another note, I just placed an order and got free shipping, I think Adam's is very generous with discounts and daily specials. Besides, when you are selling quality products like Adam's, is there really a need to discount high quality products that are well worth their price!

you should have gotten a PM when you joined :patriot:

We love the idea of a loyalty program... but as it stands now we don't have the logistical means to make it happen. Multiple times a week we have to stop orders for abuse of the current discounts and while I know the bulk of our customers are 'good hearted' people theres still those out there that would try to exploit a system like that unless we had the proper measures to make it solid. Not exactly an easy thing to implement and track - not like we can sit a guy in front of computer with a legal pad and pencil just to manually calculate each persons 'reward points'.

Not saying it won't happen... just saying we don't have the means to make it happen YET.

Just like the daily specials, don't be fooled into thinking that all the Daily Specials result in profit loss.

Don't be fooled into thinking you know our margins... we're certainly not raking in massive profits from the specials. Our day to day margins are pretty thin, and while I'd say none of the specials are losses, most of them are razor thin. They're more to reward those who hang out on our forums (enticing them to visit daily) as well as maybe grab a thing or 2 more when they order the special. Kind of an incentive to pull the trigger on a basket of items... if you notice the eyeballs on the forum each day when the special is announced... we're clearly trading profits for a captive audience.

Also some of them do result in a loss or break even as we simply need to clear an item out due to inventory overages or age out. Its better to 'cut losses' rather than let a slow mover sit on the shelf and just collect dust.

Edited by Dylan@Adams

LOL... I'm gonna need a couple hundred of those eye holder things shipped out :jester:

Its the not so well kept secret that companies want your attention... we're no different! The daily special is a way to entice you to check the forums at least 1x a day... if we turn a small profit/break even/take small loss on it we're good with that. Consider it "marketing expense" but rather than paying an ad firm to put a billboard up that you might drive by we sacrafice margins so that you'll WANT to be here.

Give a child candy Monday thru Friday and they'll start wanting it Sat and Sunday as well. :willy:It's human instinct to want more than what you are already getting.

But just because people want more...doesn't mean they'll get it. but it ALSO doesn't mean they will stop being loyal customers when they don't.

For me, personally, I’m not an Adam's customer because of the prices. I'm a customer cuz of the quality. and some consumers forget that when it comes to specialized products. The specials are fantastic around here. will ANYONE disagree with that? no. But let’s be honest. we are here because of the QUALITY of Adam's. If that wasn't the case, we'd all be buying Turtle wax and Walmart towels and being satisfied with mediocre “shine” on our pride and joys.

No. That’s NOT for this guy. :mad:

I’ve spent countless dollars and blood and sweat building my truck. It’s a statement of my tastes and attitude…and a point of pride for what I own and have created. I LOOK FORWARD to the time I get to clean her up. And I want it to look its absolute BEST when I’m done. Adam’s clearly understands and believes in the same thought process. With the quality of products, the results, the extremely detailed support and videos, and even the scents of the products….it’s all helped make detailing it and spending time making her shine is one of the most enjoyable parts of my week.:pc:

And I bet almost all of you feel close to the same way. Or, again, you’d be buying cheaper MOTHERS junk and moving on with just another “ok” ride with an “ok” shine.

I can't help but want to spend a bit less when it's possible...but it's not going stop me from still buying. Specials, discounts, contests removed....when i'm running out of Brilliant Glaze....i'll be buying more regardless. What the specials and discounts REALLY do for me....is talk me into restocking supplies that don't QUITE need restocking yet :lol: ....or trying out products i wouldn't normally think i'd need. :thumbsup:

Very Very well stated! Thank you.:cheers: