Customer Service 866.965.0400

Leather & Interior Cleaner White Residue

Forza

Question

I've been using Adam's Leather & Interior Cleaner on the inside of my 2010 Camaro. I spray it on a clean cloth, and wipe pretty much everything except for the windows. I'm really happy with the way it looks except for this one issue that is starting to bother me.

One day I was in a fast-food drive through and it started to rain as I paid for my food. The rain came into the car and down the door panel. When the rain water dried, I had white residue all over the door(inside), and although I was able to wipe it away, it really bothered me. The white drips were pretty much where the rain came in contact with the cleaner.

Also, if the sun shines directly on my dash, I notice the white residue as well. It's almost like a whitish film and is more visible on the black plastics within the Camaro.

Am I doing something wrong? LOL:help:

19 answers to this question

Very interesting, as I was about to post the same problem I found with the L&IC :willy:

I also find white residue all over the plastics that I use the product on (usually showing up the next day). Like you observed, it is particularly noticeable on black and I'm using a fresh Adams microfiber. While the white/splotching-looking residue can be wiped off with a little water, it is pretty annoying.

I wonder if anyone else is having the same experience and/or know what is causing it?

I have never experienced this issue. I also never just apply LIC alone. We have two cars both with black interior and after a cleaning with LIC I apply Leather Conditioner on the dash for protection. Then I apply SVRT to the door panels since that is water repellent and rain is most likely able to reach those areas.

After I apply both LC and SVRT I like to wipe down everything with a fresh clean microfiber utility towel to remove any excess residue that may be present.

I have never experienced this issue. I also never just apply LIC alone. We have two cars both with black interior and after a cleaning with LIC I apply Leather Conditioner on the dash for protection. Then I apply SVRT to the door panels since that is water repellent and rain is most likely able to reach those areas.

After I apply both LC and SVRT I like to wipe down everything with a fresh clean microfiber utility towel to remove any excess residue that may be present.

:iagree: That is exactly what I do! Anywhere that rain can possibly hit I SVRT and the rest gets LC..

My interiors are black as well, and I have not had this issue. Only ever had issue with LC running when it got wet, but that was before SVRT..

I experienced the problem with the white residue when I first used the LIC. For me it was due to NOT reading and following the instructions on the bottle. The bottle instructions that I ignored were to "wipe clean with a water dampened towel".

Once I did this step I no longer had the white residue issue!

BTW - I love this cleaner! It cleaned the interior of marks/stains that I had given up on removing after trying and failing in using other cleaners.

I experienced the problem with the white residue when I first used the LIC. For me it was due to NOT reading and following the instructions on the bottle. The bottle instructions that I ignored were to "wipe clean with a water dampened towel".

BTW - I love this cleaner! It cleaned the interior of marks/stains that I had given up on removing after trying and failing in using other cleaners.

:bow:

I think that probably was my mistake, as I went directly from cleaning with LIC to applying the conditioner. :loser: As noted in my original post, a little water on a towel made the spotting go away. Next time I clean out my interior I will incorporate the water-dampened towel. :cheers:

I don't EVER use the cleaner without using the conditioner afterwards. The conditioner keeps the leather and vinyl "conditioned" and supple and keeps it from drying out. Plus it has cleaning properties in it that removes dirt as well as an SPF factor to keep your fabrics from fading. For me, it's the best stuff out there.

Little hint: Once you clean your leather and vinyl and you apply the conditioner, you might notice some streaking. This is from the fabric absorbing the conditioner at different levels. Some spots will suck it up faster than others, and those spots will look lighter and dryer......hence the streaky look. Just reapply the conditoner until you get a uniform look.

Works every time.

I wipe the whole interrior with the Leather Conditioner. The seats, Trim on dash, the dash,, all the trim around doors and everything but the headliner. It makes it look so much more rich in it... All the cars I use it on, the people love it. Had on cat using armor all,, he now uses the LC :bow:

I think the Leather Conditioner is my favorite,,, many uses,, ALso use it on all the rubber moldings around the doors,, makes them black, and keeps them nice .

Edited by GaryW

Is it okay to use the Conditioner without first using the Cleaner? My interior is pretty clean all the time, but I like that little bit of shine.

Yes it is fine to go directly to the LC without using the cleaner first. I do the same from time to time, however don't be suprised if you see a little dirt come on to the red applicator pad though. You might want to at least just wipe down the area with a utility towel first. No worries if you don't, just a quick clean of the pad with some APC and dry it out to be as good as new again. :thumbsup:

Iv'e had also the residue problem, cutting LIC 50/50 with water helps dilute it and I only have a problem with the residue on one specific peice of plastic around my gauge cluster now. 1z cockpit premium does this as well so my guess is sometimes the plastics just dont like the cleaners

:lolsmack:

Is it okay to use the Conditioner without first using the Cleaner? My interior is pretty clean all the time, but I like that little bit of shine.

Paul if your interior is clean, I would suggest getting a small pail, fill it up with water and put maybe 2-4 oz of L&IC. Dunk a utility rag in there and wipe away. I like to remove any conditioner before applying another coat.

Iv'e had also the residue problem, cutting LIC 50/50 with water helps dilute it and I only have a problem with the residue on one specific peice of plastic around my gauge cluster now. 1z cockpit premium does this as well so my guess is sometimes the plastics just dont like the cleaners

:lolsmack:

My suggestion to you since your getting the white residue, is to NOT spray and scrub down. spray it on a cloth and wipe away. Or what you can do is what I mentioned above. I used to get the white stains until I stopped spraying it everywhere

Edited by BlueGenCoupe

Instructions? Bah Humbug!