Customer Service 866.965.0400

Ceramic Boost

jakerodz7

Question

Finally was able to use the ceramic boost I had lying around.

Used it on a Toyota Tundra as a standalone sealant, paint had been corrected, and strip washed already.  Went ahead and gave it a rinseless wash to knock the dust off then applied as per the instructions.  I liked the application process, it felt really quick and even coverage, I immediately buffed off with my other towel in my other hand.  Once I stepped back I did notice some serious streaking though. Went back over the panel with DS and the streaking was gone. The paint felt really slick and was very shiny, we shall see how long the protection lasts. 

I wonder if you can spray it on an applicator and use that instead to apply it to the paint? I feel this would mean less product usage and less possibility of getting it on the glass.  Just curious as to if it would work as well, or if it needs to be sprayed directly on the paint?

The smell of course was amazing! Like everything else Adams (except for the wheel cleaner of course lol).

Edited by jakerodz7

15 answers to this question

I have a test fender on my moms daily that I corrected and coated. The Boost applied really easy and removed effortlessly on the coating. Then I applied it to a non coated surface and noticed it was a little harder to remove. Kinda weird, guess it's more geared towards coated surfaces.

Ceramic Boost can be a little tricky to wipe the residue cleanly on the first pass if you spray too heavily. On the next round of bottle labels I'm going to have the instructions state to mist it onto a panel (much like Detail Spray) rather than spray generously.

I've found that I like using Double Soft Towels with it. They seem to wipe away any small smearing more easily. I work on one panel at a time, and make sure to wipe more thoroughly than I would with Detail Spray or Waterless Wash for example, and then it turns out perfect!

...Went back over the panel with DS and the streaking was gone. The paint felt really slick and was very shiny, we shall see how long the protection lasts

I wonder if you're feeling/seeing/reaping the benefits of the detail spray vs the boost itself since you used that to level it out??

Ceramic Boost can be a little tricky to wipe the residue cleanly on the first pass if you spray too heavily. On the next round of bottle labels I'm going to have the instructions state to mist it onto a panel (much like Detail Spray) rather than spray generously.

I've found that I like using Double Soft Towels with it. They seem to wipe away any small smearing more easily. I work on one panel at a time, and make sure to wipe more thoroughly than I would with Detail Spray or Waterless Wash for example, and then it turns out perfect!

Dan,

I think making that change to the label would be really helpful.  I was wondering if you think using an applicator pad would fair a better result?

I will try to use my double softs next time see if that helps as well. 

Thanks for the input Dan

I wonder if you're feeling/seeing/reaping the benefits of the detail spray vs the boost itself since you used that to level it out??

I went back and read the original post, I totally placed the paint felt really slick in the wrong place. I was able to touch the paint before the detail spray and noticed the slickness then. Fixed the post, thanks for the catch! :)

Hey guys do you feel its ok to use ceramic boost weekly after every wash? Or will it start to cloud up like wax does when you add too many coats?

No need. It lasts plenty long. I’m only reboosting the Ceramic Coated cars once every 6 months and it’s held up great waiting that long.

Dan,

I think making that change to the label would be really helpful.  I was wondering if you think using an applicator pad would fair a better result?

I will try to use my double softs next time see if that helps as well. 

Thanks for the input Dan

I've always gotten streaks using the towel method.  I now use a microfiber sponge and work one panel at a time (or half hood / roof) and wipe with two towels.  It takes a bit longer but the finish is streak free.  Application is once a quarter on my daily driver.  

Revive and the blue applicator is the best way to knock down the streaks if you do notice them.