Customer Service 866.965.0400

Next step

Bishop18

Question

How's it going everyone? First time using Adams interior stuff so I just want to make sure I'm doing it right. Just finished using leather & interior cleaner. Do I use TID next or the LC? Thanks again for helping out the newb ????

8 answers to this question

Depends on what your dressing and what you want. 

Personally I agree with Tim on using the Leather conditioner next, if you have it and an applicator I would run it over everything, including the plastics. If the TID is the "New" formula (would say new on the bottle in a little circle) then you can easily use that on the plastics. 

If you have leather or Vinyl seats then obviously the Leather conditioner on those, some streaking is possible if it is a first application but give it a little time and reapply. Remember LESS is more with Adams products. I really love the scent of the Leather Conditioner and try to use it regularly but I find that quite often all I need is a quick wipe down with TID to maintain between details. 

Depends on what your dressing and what you want. 

Personally I agree with Tim on using the Leather conditioner next, if you have it and an applicator I would run it over everything, including the plastics. If the TID is the "New" formula (would say new on the bottle in a little circle) then you can easily use that on the plastics. 

If you have leather or Vinyl seats then obviously the Leather conditioner on those, some streaking is possible if it is a first application but give it a little time and reapply. Remember LESS is more with Adams products. I really love the scent of the Leather Conditioner and try to use it regularly but I find that quite often all I need is a quick wipe down with TID to maintain between details.

What if it's the old TID formula. A friend of mine loaned it to me so I can try it out but he told me its def the old stuff? Is that not safe on the plastics? Thanks again you guys for the quick responses

Leather Cleaner on your leathers or leather like stuff, followed by the Leather Conditioner.  If you get streaking, it means that your fabrics are absorbing the product at a higher rate than other areas and has sucked up more in areas that are dryer.  So keep applying and wiping until you get a uniform appearance.  I use it on my dash as well because it has sun protection in the Conditioner.  You ALWAYS want to follow up with Leather Conditioner after using the cleaner to avoid drying out.  

The old detailer is great for plastics and metal look stuff inside.  Use it to wipe out cup holders, inside glove boxes, any storage spaces in the doors, etc.  

Welcome to the forum!

Leather Cleaner on your leathers or leather like stuff, followed by the Leather Conditioner.  If you get streaking, it means that your fabrics are absorbing the product at a higher rate than other areas and has sucked up more in areas that are dryer.  So keep applying and wiping until you get a uniform appearance.  I use it on my dash as well because it has sun protection in the Conditioner.  You ALWAYS want to follow up with Leather Conditioner after using the cleaner to avoid drying out.  

The old detailer is great for plastics and metal look stuff inside.  Use it to wipe out cup holders, inside glove boxes, any storage spaces in the doors, etc.  

Welcome to the forum!

I might have the old school mentality of not using leather conditioner too often, but does the interior cleaner really dry out the leathers that bad? 

My routine is leather cleaner whenever I see visible stains. Then thats followed up by interior detailer to seal it up and provide protection. I only condition my leathers every 2 months or so. Depending on how much use the car gets. Same with my boots and leather motorcycle jackets. I havent noticed any drying.

If you want a nice matte factory finish with some protection then use the total interior detailer. If you want a deep nice looking interior use the leather conditioner, it will leave lots of protection, especially on leather.

Maintain with total interior detailer, leather and interior cleaner will strip any leather conditioner.