Customer Service 866.965.0400

What are your thoughts?

Ls1transam

Well, a lot of absolutes in there mixed with pragmatic sounding words.  I really can't argue his lack of scientifically backed-up claims with my own and help the conversation.  I'd just suggest people that feel he may be right look for some supporting data.  Honestly, I used the ceramic coating for protection, and I see the same counter-claims about that.  My experience is that product (from Adams) makes it easier to clean the car and keep it clean.  Which means less rubbing and scrubbing on the paint.  Which seems to mean less damage. So Transitive properties! less cleaning = protection.  If wax/sealant does that for you too... you win ;p 

Edited by Hupp2it

Thank you wasting 12 minutes of my life with the worst video and annoying voice.

If waxes and sealants did not protect a finish the paint on cars, boats, and anything in between would deteriorate within a few years without any kind of protection. Ive protected cars for many years and I've only seen failure for lack of protection. I agree with clear coats being worthless in the 90's because they were relatively new. With today's clear coats are much better with the exception of toyotas and hondas, I see a lot of failure in these cars within three or four year old cars. I also don't believe using cleaner waxes as a way of paint protection.

As for storing product, if you buy product in the summer have you considered how hot a delivery truck gets or how hot it gets during transit? None of these trucks are air conditioned. That would mean every product on the market would be worthless and useless by the time you got it home.

Well the guy isnt completely wrong. He just exaggerated a lot that wax doesnt protect the paint. It does help protect the clear coat, which in turn protects the paint, but only to a certain degree. 

You cant expect to wax a car and not ever have to worry about it. 

Just like servicing a car. If you service it properly, its going to last longer, but problems will still occur no matter what. 

Ultimately, the clear coat will protect your paint better than anything. It is up to you to make sure that clear coat lasts as long as it can.