Customer Service 866.965.0400

Master blaster issues

2012srt8

Question

17 answers to this question

A couple of things. When using the MBR it pulls a ton of amerpage. It needs to be on at minimum a 20 amp circuit. Even then, I’ve had mine occasionally blow the breaker. Remember, you’re running two 4HP motors at the same time. That’s a sizable pull on most circuits. 

As for the hose end, it’s a left hand thread as I recall. Try spinning it the opposite direction you normally would and it should spin right on and tighten up. 

Doesn’t sound like anything is wrong with your equipment. Just needs some caution. 

Enjoy. 

My circuit is 20 amp as well, and it occasionally blows. If you search, you aren’t the only one that this has happened to. 

As for the hose, I’m not sure it’s ripped off. It’s not a precise cut. If I think of it tomorrow I’ll take the fitting off my hose and send you a photo. Did you try to thread on in reverse?  Run your finger inside the fitting. You’ll know if there’s material there or not. The whole hose is a giant thread. You could cut it pretty much anywhere and reattach the fitting. 

Edited by shane@detailedreflections

The hose is not ripped off, is just how it gets cut into lengths.  The already mention, it will twist right back on, since the adapter is threaded on the inside.  If you have it come off again, consider using a bit of silicon adhesive on the last thread, to keep it from getting loose.

For the tripped breaker issues during start-up on 20A circuits, try turning one motor on at a time, and let it spool up for about 4 seconds, then start the other motor.  This reduces the start-up current and can help prevent trips.  If your tripping 20A circuits during running, then you may have undersized wire, or might be using an extension cord, or perhaps the breaker needs to be replaced. 

With mine running on a dedicated 20A circuit (ie nothing else running on the circuit like lights or other equipment), I have never tripped a breaker.

Just because your breaker says 20A doesn’t mean it’s capable of handling 20amps. Wire size and distance play a roll as does heat of the space you’re working in or where the breaker is. And if the breaker is old, it could be getting weak. 

Easiest solution is to take an amp reading of the two compressors. You will know right away if you’re having an issue

I'll try screwing it back on. I had to leave for work when it happened so didn't play around with it.

As for the breaker I turned both motors on right away and was fine for at least 15 minutes before it happened. No extension cord used or any lights on in the garage. I'll try again next and hope it was an isolated incident. 

3 hours ago, 2012srt8 said:

I'll try screwing it back on. I had to leave for work when it happened so didn't play around with it.

As for the breaker I turned both motors on right away and was fine for at least 15 minutes before it happened. No extension cord used or any lights on in the garage. I'll try again next and hope it was an isolated incident. 

That circuit may had other outlets on it as well and something used a little more power.  We have that issue all the time in our house, I can only hook up the pressure washer on certain outside outlets, as some of them are on the same breaker as the inside!  Need to move them...but for now just knowing which ones to use & not works.  Christmas lights are an even bigger challenge!

Edited by Liralen

1 hour ago, 2012srt8 said:

I even  used the exact same outlet to. Weird. I'll try again next weekend and see what happens. Might have to return it if I'm only gonna get to use 1 motor. Not really worth it

I know it’s not ideal but if you have electrical experience or have a friend that does, you would wire in a fast dedicated 20A circuit to your garage panel, breaker to outlet. That’s what I planned on doing when I get my pressure washer and master blaster eventually.

27 minutes ago, Mariner said:

I know it’s not ideal but if you have electrical experience or have a friend that does, you would wire in a fast dedicated 20A circuit to your garage panel, breaker to outlet. That’s what I planned on doing when I get my pressure washer and master blaster eventually.

Exactly what we plan to do as well.  I want a few dedicated circuits for various equipment.  MBR, lift, etc.  All the high draw stuff. 

Can you confirm that it's a consistent problem?  Or is it a "once in a while" thing?  I can't say I'd willingly give my MBR up, regardless of a little hassle.  It's one of the best investments we've made in the shop equipment.

17 hours ago, 2012srt8 said:

Screw it back on using correct rotation then apply a couple wraps of 100 PPHr tape and you'll be golden!

On 30/10/2017 at 4:47 PM, FP350S said:

Screw it back on using correct rotation then apply a couple wraps of 100 PPHr tape and you'll be golden!

I'll try that. I honestly thought it was all one piece lol I was trying to shove it back in,didn't even try threading it lol 

On ‎10‎/‎31‎/‎2017 at 5:45 PM, 2012srt8 said:

I'll try that. I honestly thought it was all one piece lol I was trying to shove it back in,didn't even try threading it lol 

It happens to the best of us :P