Customer Service 866.965.0400

A few questions

Junior

Question

Adams Team,

I have three questions:

• Which side is the correct side to dry with when using the ultra plush drying towel?
  • Can the ceramic trim coating be used on headlights?
  • Can I follow the One Step Polish with the Ceramic Paint Coating?
Edited by Junior

7 answers to this question

2 hours ago, Junior said:

Adams Team,

I have three questions:

• Which side is the correct side to dry with when using the ultra plush drying towel?

1 - The side with the longer weave is the drying side of the towel. 

2 - Yes, trim coating can be used on headlights. That being said, we tend to use the trim coating on rough trim surfaces and paint coating on smooth. So we typically use the paint coating on headlights. 

3 - There is no reason to use a polish or wax on a coating. Top a coating with ceramic boost. Even wax can affect the hydrophobic effect of the coating. And any abrasive will wear at the coating possibly removing it. 

2 hours ago, shane@detailedreflections said:

3 - There is no reason to use a polish or wax on a coating. Top a coating with ceramic boost. Even wax can affect the hydrophobic effect of the coating. And any abrasive will wear at the coating possibly removing it. 

Hi Jamey,  yes you can follow the One Step Polish with the Ceramic Paint Coating, but you'll need to use the proper prep steps first.  Be certain to use the Ceramic Coating Prep Spray before applying the Ceramic Coating to remove any oils and residue left over from the polishing step.

On 12/3/2017 at 1:08 AM, Junior said:

Adams Team,

I have three questions:

On 12/3/2017 at 3:53 AM, shane@detailedreflections said:

1 - The side with the longer weave is the drying side of the towel. 

2 - Yes, trim coating can be used on headlights. That being said, we tend to use the trim coating on rough trim surfaces and paint coating on smooth. So we typically use the paint coating on headlights. 

Gonna have to repectfully disagre with Shane...the thin side should face the surface. I know it works both ways, but direct from Adam's product website, "Carefully fold the towel in half or in quarters with the thin side facing the surface." It's demoed the same way in the video. Enjoy it. It's an AWESOME towel!

2 hours ago, ZMAN024 said:

Hi Jamey,  yes you can follow the One Step Polish with the Ceramic Paint Coating, but you'll need to use the proper prep steps first.  Be certain to use the Ceramic Coating Prep Spray before applying the Ceramic Coating to remove any oils and residue left over from the polishing step.

I totally misread that. It was early!  I read it as he wanted to polish after the coating.  Thanks for catching that!  That being said, you could one step. But it’ll leave a wax. And wax isn’t something you want between the paint and the coating. The coating bonds to bare paint. Use a polish to whatever degree of correction you wish. Then coating prep followed by coating. 

I wouldn’t use the one step before a coating. There’s too much risk and there’s better products for the job. 

3 minutes ago, falcaineer said:

Gonna have to repectfully disagre with Shane...the thin side should face the surface. I know it works both ways, but direct from Adam's product website, "Carefully fold the towel in half or in quarters with the thin side facing the surface." It's demoed the same way in the video. Enjoy it. It's an AWESOME towel!

Thanks for the correction. I haven’t used ours in a while since we got a MBR a while back. I need to brush up a bit on the drying towels. Thanks for the refresher. 

Edited by shane@detailedreflections

On 03/12/2017 at 7:08 PM, Junior said:

There is some confusion on this and I don't think there is a wrong answer.  Here is my view...

My logic is to use the UPDT as a softer and larger version of the green glass towel.  I use the longer weave facing the surface first to more effectively remove any dirt or soap that I may have missed during the wash.  I then go over the car with the thin side facing the surface for a streak free finish.

I know it says on the Adam's website to use it thin side down, although here is the flip side (from Adam's also):

http://content.invisioncic.com/l231836/monthly_05_2017/post-14655-0-99941900-1494119739.png

Can I also add that this is by far the best drying towel I have ever used.  Every time I use it I can't believe how much water it soaks up.