Customer Service 866.965.0400

Anyone notice an increase in product descriptions being wrong.  For example the new Adam's hat, it says it has the favorite circle logo, but it's clearly not. 

I've also seen a number of products go up at one price, only to increase in price the next day and then the lower price isn't honored because it was incorrect. The latter hasn't happened to me but still sucks and I'm sure if frustrating for both sides.

Just surprised this is happening all of a sudden, i never noticed any of this in the past. 

Screenshot_20180415-112529_Chrome.jpg

I would have sworn I had seen it at $19 and then couldnt find it. 

I have noticed a few of these lately as well. Not sure if they are posting for some early birds, but if they are not honoring the price, I would beleive that if you have a receipt with that price they would have to honor it. 

7 hours ago, pirahnah3 said:

I have noticed a few of these lately as well. Not sure if they are posting for some early birds, but if they are not honoring the price, I would beleive that if you have a receipt with that price they would have to honor it. 

I bought 2 @ $19 and was going to purchase 2 more for $19 ea, but price was $29 then, so I didn’t get them. 

6 hours ago, Wy_detailing said:

I heard from my local dealer that their prices are increasing. Didn’t think t would be a $10 increase as it has been on some items though

No offense to Adam's but their prices are more than high enough as is...If they raise them I'm probably going to start looking at other brands.  There's many fish in the pond.

11 hours ago, Wy_detailing said:

I heard from my local dealer that their prices are increasing. Didn’t think t would be a $10 increase as it has been on some items though

I don’t know why you would be complaining when you get free stuff all the time ?

Edited by Patstrick

12 hours ago, pirahnah3 said:

Im going to go with you were right 

13DADF0D-49A6-4FE8-98C7-7D6A5C14DE8B.png

So...it seems like the sprayer was mispriced when it was originally added to the website, then the price was later corrected.  These things happen, people sometimes make mistakes. 

That sprayer is sold at many different retailers and the prices seem to average about $30-33.  On Amazon it is $32.95 and no discount, so getting it from Adam's with a 15% discount on $29.99 brings it down to $25.49.  There is nothing nefarious about revising the price to what it should sell for when the original price of $19.99 was clearly a mistake. 

I’ve noticed their prices have crept up over time. Single softs are now $9.99 instead of $8.99, leather conditioner is $29.99 instead of $24.99, G&G is now $19.99 instead of $14.99..... the list is enormous. Like somebody said above, plenty of fish in the pond folks. There’s mistakes like y’all have noticed but there’s deliberate price hiking as well.

1 hour ago, Mariner said:

I’ve noticed their prices have crept up over time. Single softs are now $9.99 instead of $8.99, leather conditioner is $29.99 instead of $24.99, G&G is now $19.99 instead of $14.99..... the list is enormous. Like somebody said above, plenty of fish in the pond folks. There’s mistakes like y’all have noticed but there’s deliberate price hiking as well.

Dude, its called inflation...  :lolsmack:

Leather Conditioner was $24.99 for at least the last 4 years (per my invoice from March 2014).  The price did not increase yearly like prices typically do.  It was not until a new version was released that the price was increased on the improved version.  So at about 2-3% inflation each year, a larger price jump would be expected if the price only changed after many years at the same price.

For the Single Soft, I think the $1 increase is well worth it for the current version that has the satin edging, plus the inflation aspect is also true.

9 hours ago, Mariner said:

Let's clear something up, we would not intentionally do any sort of price hiking.

Single Soft Towels went from $8.99 to $9.99 when we changed the supplier to the much higher quality towel that we have now, with satin edging and a higher GSM count, about 2 years ago.

H2O Guard & Gloss has always been $19.99 for the 16oz bottle, unless when it goes on sale for $14.99 for a daily special or other sale price.

Leather Conditioner went up to $29.99 with the new formula change several months back, more expensive chemical for higher quality and longer durability. This is why we also introduced the 8oz bottle since we did realize that $29.99 is on the high side. It will occasionally drop down to a $24.99 sale price as well though.

Those were only 3 examples. Not sure I believe in inflation when the prices are already inflated enough. That’s why there’s basically ALWAYS a 15% sale going on. I’m not saying it’s not genius, because it is. Adams marketing is some of the best I’ve ever seen. And because of this, the once tiny company has exploded. But anybody with a decent set of eyes can tell that over the last couple years, the focal point of the company has shifted. Shoe cleaner? Come on lmao. Anyways, sorry to jack your thread, Kevin. Dustin out. 

On 4/15/2018 at 11:31 AM, SumBeach35 said:

Anyone notice an increase in product descriptions being wrong.  For example the new Adam's hat, it says it has the favorite circle logo, but it's clearly not. 

I've also seen a number of products go up at one price, only to increase in price the next day and then the lower price isn't honored because it was incorrect. The latter hasn't happened to me but still sucks and I'm sure if frustrating for both sides.

Just surprised this is happening all of a sudden, i never noticed any of this in the past. 

Our number of sales and hence our number of customers is constantly growing now. When new products are added to the website, they may go 'live' for a few minutes while we publish the page for testing, and then taken back down for a few hours or overnight while we finish things up. This is why you can find errors and so on. The page for the hat for example was just edited from a previous version of a hat that we sold that had the circle logo. I was out on travel for the new HQ grand opening and then Barrett-Jackson, so I didn't have a chance to proofread any product pages. I only do updates to pages for new kits, new chemicals, etc, and the marketing team usually handles the ones for merchandise.

Price for the IK Multi Sprayer was most likely 'fat-fingered' with a '1' instead of a '2', as you can see that most other online retailers sell it for around $29.99 as well. It's still an awesome sprayer at that price, and much cheaper than the $49.99 Colad pressurized sprayers that we had before (I believe we may phase those out now), so we are actually trying to find more affordable products for our customers whenever possible.

On 4/15/2018 at 12:35 PM, pirahnah3 said:

It was not a posting for early birds, but it was simply a mistake in publishing the product page this time, as they were rushing to get everything posted for the sale. For those that got it at $19.99 instead of $29.99, consider it a great deal, and to my knowledge we're not going to cancel those orders or make the customer pay the extra amount for it. The website does have some odd quirks that we have to work out from time to time, and if anyone ever notices anything out of the ordinary, it's best to give us a call at 866-965-0400 or send an email over to orders@adamspolishes.com and we will address and/or fix things as quickly as possible.

On 4/15/2018 at 3:57 PM, Wy_detailing said:

I'm not sure why you were told you this, but it's best not to spread rumors. Retail pricing are not changing. There was one $10 price increase on the IK Multi-Sprayer, as it was originally published at the incorrect price. Our wholesale program for dealers is going through some changes in regards to requirements and discount amounts that they may receive - it is up to each individual dealer if they choose to sell our products for higher than the MSRP - they are not permitted to sell below retail discounted sale prices though.

Locking this thread down since I don't want it continuing down a path of incorrect information being posted.

5 minutes ago, Mariner said:

Those were only 3 examples. Not sure I believe in inflation when the prices are already inflated enough. That’s why there’s basically ALWAYS a 15% sale going on. I’m not saying it’s not genius, because it is. Adams marketing is some of the best I’ve ever seen. And because of this, the once tiny company has exploded. But anybody with a decent set of eyes can tell that over the last couple years, the focal point of the company has shifted. Shoe cleaner? Come on lmao. Anyways, sorry to jack your thread, Kevin. Dustin out. 

We have usually two sales per month when new items hit the dock or have been bottled up and ready to launch, sometimes three if it's a 5-week month. We're not the only company to do something like this, but I have zero control or say into how our sales work. Retail clothing stores (both online and in-store) have sales almost every weekend, grocery stores have sales each week, etc. Prices are in-line with other premium products in our industry, and if you feel that they did not meet your expectations for performance or results, that is why we have the 110% satisfaction guarantee.

We will not be at a price-point of store-bought products, unless we reduce the quality and types of chemicals we use, which then reduces ease of use and results. The focal point of the company is to offer premium car care products, but we still need to make some money to keep the doors open. Shoe cleaner and other extremely limited promotions are done as fun promotions and tests to gauge reactions and reach out to people that may have never heard of our company before.