Customer Service 866.965.0400

Review of products new to my collection

VetteDream

Question

I finally got to use some products I have ordered or received in MB’s recently and thought I would give some feedback.

Ceramic Paste Wax - Love it!  Put it over a CC, and it provides fantastic shine and is easy on/easy off.  A little goes a long way.  I give it a 10/10.  Now one of my favorite Adam’s products.   

New Small Wheel Woolie - love this as well.  I have the standard wheel woolie, but it will not get behind the calipers of the front wheels on my Corvette.  The new one is small enough to get behind the calipers and clean the barrels without moving the car.  I would also give this one a 10/10.

New Detail Seat - received this for early Father’s Day yesterday.  I used it all day today, while washing and detailing two cars.  Assembly was easy (you need a hex wrench and a 10mm wrench).  It is sturdy, rolls well, and the center tray underneath is good for a couple of MF towels.  My only complaint is that the trays on either side are not exact fits for Adam’s 16 oz. bottles.  One bottle holder is too big for a 16 oz, the other is too small.  (You can possibly force a 16 oz. in the small holder, but it doesn’t fit well). The Adam’s Polish size bottles fit the small holder.  When you put a 16 oz bottle in the big one, they tend to fall over/out when rolling.  Just a little disappointed that the bottle holders aren’t made exactly for the products you are going to be using with the seat.  I would give this an 8/10.  

Clay mitt - I used this for the first time today to quickly clay my daily driver.  I used it while the car was still wet after washing it, using DS as the lubricant.  It was super easy and quick to use, and results were decent.  Maybe not quite as great as a regular clay bar, but the product still cleaned the surface nicely.   I would give it a 9/10.  

One step polish - I received this in a MB a couple of months ago.  I used it today to do a pass on my DD before a coat of Patriot Wax.  I applied using the SK and orange pad.  The car was fully detailed and paint corrected about 6 months ago, so I was looking for the best results I could get without spending a ton of time.  The results were great!  I would give this a 9/10.  I do not know if I would use it as a substitute for correcting polish, but for what I did, it was effective.   I likely would have seen similar results with Finish Polish.   

Eco Wheel Cleaner - also received this in a MB.  Smells much better than standard WC, and worked good on wheels that did not have a lot of build up.  I haven’t tried on really dirty wheels.  I give it a 9/10. 

Truck brush - used this for the first time today on my Tahoe.  Works great and I have no concerns about scratches from the bristles.  My only concern would be the top is a hard plastic, like the wheel brushes.  In certain spots on the car, the top of the brush can hit an adjoining part of the car and potentially mar or scratch it if you are not careful.  Too bad there is not felt or something around the edges for that.  I would give it 8/10.  

Curious to see if others have any thoughts on these items...

4 answers to this question

Thanks for the reviews, Todd. I was considering a couple of those so nice to read about them. For the brush, you can always add felt or something similar, and then use any leftovers to make the seat's bottle holders a better fit. But good feedback...maybe consider posting some I the Product reviews forum.

2 hours ago, VetteDream said:

I finally got to use some products I have ordered or received in MB’s recently and thought I would give some feedback.

New Detail Seat -  My only complaint is that the trays on either side are not exact fits for Adam’s 16 oz. bottles.  One bottle holder is too big for a 16 oz, the other is too small.  When you put a 16 oz bottle in the big one, they tend to fall over/out when rolling.  Just a little disappointed that the bottle holders aren’t made exactly for the products you are going to be using with the seat.  I would give this an 8/10.  

Pick up some adhesive backed Velcro strips and line the inside of the large bottle holder (loop side). That should tighten it up enough for a snug fit on the standard 16oz bottles.

Using the loop side won't scratch the labels..........for those of us with OCD.  ;)