Customer Service 866.965.0400

Ceramic "Crazy slick"

rrmccabe

Question

On my recent ceramic coat application I have noticed the surface not to be "crazy slick" as Adam mentions in the video. Nothing like the Adams waxes I have applied.

I did a coat of boost as instructed and about 4 days later spritzed the hood with ceramic boost again to see if that would improve it and it did not.

Its not bad but not what I would have expected.  I don't really want to top coat it with anything that would harm the water shedding properties.

So for those of you that have used the Adams CC, do you find it as slick as a good wax job?

Rich

9 answers to this question

On ‎6‎/‎15‎/‎2018 at 9:23 AM, rrmccabe said:

On my recent ceramic coat application I have noticed the surface not to be "crazy slick" as Adam mentions in the video. Nothing like the Adams waxes I have applied.

I did a coat of boost as instructed and about 4 days later spritzed the hood with ceramic boost again to see if that would improve it and it did not.

Its not bad but not what I would have expected.  I don't really want to top coat it with anything that would harm the water shedding properties.

So for those of you that have used the Adams CC, do you find it as slick as a good wax job?

Rich

Nice looking High Country ;)

When I did the Centennial Silverado it came out super slick, was showing a couple of people how nice it was and the truck was a bit dusty, so had them lightly move their hand over the surface and the dust just slid across feeling as if It was rolling off of glass.  I normally would not recommend doing that, but was not as concerned with the dusty harming since it is coated.  It to me it felt better than any wax coating I had ever done.

3 minutes ago, Liralen said:

Nice looking High Country ;)

When I did the Centennial Silverado it came out super slick, was showing a couple of people how nice it was and the truck was a bit dusty, so had them lightly move their hand over the surface and the dust just slid across feeling as if It was rolling off of glass.  I normally would not recommend doing that, but was not as concerned with the dusty harming since it is coated.  It to me it felt better than any wax coating I had ever done.

Thanks for the response.  I don't have any issues with it but just not as slick as I would have expected.  That said it washes easy so must be working :)

Last night I parked it under a tree that has pollen or something coming off it and the paint was sticky this morning.  Mixed up some waterless and  it was spotless in about 5 minutes.

You are quite the bowtie collector. What a signature :)

1 minute ago, rrmccabe said:

Thanks for the response.  I don't have any issues with it but just not as slick as I would have expected.  That said it washes easy so must be working :)

Last night I parked it under a tree that has pollen or something coming off it and the paint was sticky this morning.  Mixed up some waterless and  it was spotless in about 5 minutes.

You are quite the bowtie collector. What a signature :)

You are very welcome.  Pollen is one of those necessary evils in life.  Earlier this year in the Pacific Northwest you could barely get your car dry before it was covered in pollen unless you had a garage you could move it into the garage.

As for the BowTies, there are two persons in the Household that drives them.  While technical they are all both of ours (well except the motorcycle since there is no way I could handle that beast), we both have our sets.  The Centenniel, Harley, and Convertible Fifty Camaro are the hubby's (who by the way does not detail the cars, he will vacuum them out for me though).  While the two HotWheels Camaros and High Country are mine.  The Corvette is shared.  Although to be truthful, I have put the most miles on all three Camaros and Corvette, while he puts the most on the Motorcycle and the Centenniel.  We did also have a 2013 Black Diamond Edition Chevy Avalanche, but we decided to trade it in when the 2018 HotWheels came….it just did not make too much sense to have three trucks...whereas it totally makes sense to have three Camaros ;)   Today am detailing the 2018 HotWheels in prep for a trip to the Camaro Sturgis Rally,  Therefore, we should be able to finally get them all lined up tomorrow to get six of our seven lined up (the Corvette is loaned out to a fellow visiting from Australia right now)….will definitely post a picture and perhaps update my signature.

43 minutes ago, Liralen said:

You are very welcome.  Pollen is one of those necessary evils in life.  Earlier this year in the Pacific Northwest you could barely get your car dry before it was covered in pollen unless you had a garage you could move it into the garage.

As for the BowTies, there are two persons in the Household that drives them.  While technical they are all both of ours (well except the motorcycle since there is no way I could handle that beast), we both have our sets.  The Centenniel, Harley, and Convertible Fifty Camaro are the hubby's (who by the way does not detail the cars, he will vacuum them out for me though).  While the two HotWheels Camaros and High Country are mine.  The Corvette is shared.  Although to be truthful, I have put the most miles on all three Camaros and Corvette, while he puts the most on the Motorcycle and the Centenniel.  We did also have a 2013 Black Diamond Edition Chevy Avalanche, but we decided to trade it in when the 2018 HotWheels came….it just did not make too much sense to have three trucks...whereas it totally makes sense to have three Camaros ;)   Today am detailing the 2018 HotWheels in prep for a trip to the Camaro Sturgis Rally,  Therefore, we should be able to finally get them all lined up tomorrow to get six of our seven lined up (the Corvette is loaned out to a fellow visiting from Australia right now)….will definitely post a picture and perhaps update my signature.

Can't wait to see the pic, Lenore!

BTW, what do you loan to someone visiting from CO?! Besides cupcakes, that is! 

I agree. I have two coated vehicles and they were never as “slick” as any wax or coating.  However, this never ever seemed to have an effect on performance. Not at all.  A towel just doesn’t glide across the surface like with other products. Nature of the beast I guess.  However, ceramic wax fixed that. It made it feel more like what you’re looking for.  

The first car I did with the 7H ceramic coating, definitely "tacky" after applying the coating / during the curing process.  After applying ceramic boost, it was very slick.  I just did 1 car and a small section of another with the 9H coating, it's slick, but I almost feel like the 7H was more slick after applying the ceramic boost.  Maybe it's the humidity in Florida that has me thrown off though....

Its definitely not crazy slick. There is a huge difference in how the towel glides across the paint on my Ceramic coated Silverado compared to my freshly waxed (Patriot) Trailblazer.  The boost helps but minimally.

Edited by rrmccabe

On 6/16/2018 at 7:04 PM, falcaineer said:

Can't wait to see the pic, Lenore!

BTW, what do you loan to someone visiting from CO?! Besides cupcakes, that is! 

LOL...depends on what the persons driving experience is. Sorry, but if you own a crowdkiller you would only get to drive my High Country. ?