Customer Service 866.965.0400

NEW LARGE WHEEL WOOLY

redrocket

Question

Anyone else have issues with the NEW LARGE WHEEL WOOLY.  Looks like the older design was 10 times better.  I had the small old style wooly and it was just too small, soo opted for the LARGE.  Today I went to use it for the first time, and didnt even make it to the second wheel before the handle fell off and slit the palm of my hand open. 

Sent email to Custome Service hopefully I am not the only one with this issues an will replace with the old style. 

IMG_1131.JPG

11 answers to this question

I recently ordered the small wheel wooly.  I had exactly the same problem.  I used the website to contact Adams over a week ago.  I still haven't got a response.  Very disappointed in the product and the lack of response.  Not what I expected from them.  Every other experience with customer service has been superior.  Hopefully they will make it right.

Robert.

The handles spinning off is certainly annoying.  I tried gluing the handles on with Shoe Goo, but it did not work.  I just cleaned out all the Shoe Goo and  glued the handles on with a two-part plastics epoxy.  Hopefully the epoxy works.  I do like the bendable head for getting behind wheel spokes, but with the spinning handle it was about worthless.

8 hours ago, Robert Mac said:

I recently ordered the small wheel wooly.  I had exactly the same problem.  I used the website to contact Adams over a week ago.  I still haven't got a response.  Very disappointed in the product and the lack of response.  Not what I expected from them.  Every other experience with customer service has been superior.  Hopefully they will make it right.

Robert.

The website form doesn't work (they've been meaning to remove it). It's not a reflection on their customer service, so please don't hold it against them. 

Instead, send an email to orders@adamspolishes.com with pics and your order number. They'll take care of you.

On 5/19/2019 at 6:26 PM, falcaineer said:

The website form doesn't work (they've been meaning to remove it). It's not a reflection on their customer service, so please don't hold it against them. 

Instead, send an email to orders@adamspolishes.com with pics and your order number. They'll take care of you.

Thank you!  I suspected the lack of response was due to me sending the message through the website.  I will email them as you recommended.

I wanted to follow-up on this.  I sent an email and got a response in under 12 hours.  A replacement is on the way.  Great customer service.

Edited by Robert Mac
follow-up to report on customer service

On 5/19/2019 at 8:18 PM, TheWolf said:

The handles spinning off is certainly annoying.  I tried gluing the handles on with Shoe Goo, but it did not work.  I just cleaned out all the Shoe Goo and  glued the handles on with a two-part plastics epoxy.  Hopefully the epoxy works.  I do like the bendable head for getting behind wheel spokes, but with the spinning handle it was about worthless.

But you shouldn't have to be gluing and regluing. That's the problem.  

4 hours ago, Rich said:

But you shouldn't have to be gluing and regluing. That's the problem.  

Agreed.  The handles should have been glued on by the manufacturer.

That being said, gluing the handles myself seemed like the simpler solution, rather than contacting Customer Service and getting a replacement, only for it to have the same problem.

I will contact HQ to see if this issue has, or will be, addressed.

This issue with the brush handles is being addressed.  For the Barrel Brushes that are currently in stock, the warehouse is gluing the handles on.  For the next shipment of brushes, the handles will be plastic welded on by the manufacturer.

Everyone at HQ is aware that this was a failure, and are working to correct it.  Fortunately, this issue was limited to about the first 50 brushes that were shipped.  If you received a brush that has a handle that spins off, please contact Customer Service at orders@adamspolishes.com to get a replacement.

On 5/21/2019 at 11:38 AM, TheWolf said:

Agreed.  The handles should have been glued on by the manufacturer.

That being said, gluing the handles myself seemed like the simpler solution, rather than contacting Customer Service and getting a replacement, only for it to have the same problem.

I will contact HQ to see if this issue has, or will be, addressed.

I had a reply the next business day, and a new Whooly was being sent out at no charge.  Agreed Customer Service is "Top Notch"!   Lets hope the issue is addressed, and like The Wolf said hopefully on the replacement the handle does not just fall off again!