Customer Service 866.965.0400

Adams Americana wax

Okay I have several container of Americana waxes with just a little left in the bottom on the outside of the container and want to save it. I’m thinking of adding it all to one container, chopping it up and add a little water, then somehow compress it. Then allow it to dry. Any suggestions? I hate to waste the wax… thanks, Blair

I would take all the pieces out of all the containers and put them in the single container you are are going to use, I am assuming it is an Americana container). Then put the container in a pan of warm water and slowly heat the water up till the wax all melts together. I would not add water to the wax.

You definitely don't want to add water to it.  Think of it like a crayon.  You can melt crayons to a soft state and mold them back together.  Same with wax.  2Fords gave you a good idea.  Or you could put the pieces in an existing jar of Americana, and use a hair dryer to nearly melt them down.  You don't want to actually melt them, but make it soft enough that you can use your hands and just flatten it into the existing wax.