Customer Service 866.965.0400

Ceramic touch up

Clint_Gregory

Question

Good evening fellas! Just the other day I did the Adam's ceramic paint coating on my truck. I took all the precautionary preparation steps (wash, polish/correct, use coating prep to remove any wax or polish residue) and then coated the vehicle inside and let it cure for about 16hrs. I noticed today after pulling it out of the garage that there are some streaks and from looking at it under the UV light I think I have some areas that the coating isnt as thick as it could/should be. What do I need to do in order to level it out. Can I simply apply a second coat on to the existing coat. I tried some of the spray ceramic and it seemed to have helped but very little. 

Thanks in advance!

9 answers to this question

Thanks guys! Would just a standard polish or correcting polish be needed? Or would the one step polish be too much? I have the one step polish which is what I used prior to coating the truck but I used a white foam pad since I had very minimal imperfections in my paint. This is my first time doing ceramic so its definitely been a learning curve for me. It seems the thicker areas of the coating are at the top where I changed direction when applying the coating

Start with the least aggressive polish and pad you have and be prepared to reapply in those areas.

When you reapply, use light, even pressure in a crosshatch pattern. Don't lift the pad from the surface between turns if you can help it...use one, continuous line/pattern, if that makes sense. 

3 hours ago, falcaineer said:

Start with the least aggressive polish and pad you have and be prepared to reapply in those areas.

When you reapply, use light, even pressure in a crosshatch pattern. Don't lift the pad from the surface between turns if you can help it...use one, continuous line/pattern, if that makes sense. 

Makes good sense to me. Thank yall for the help!

If I find areas where it seems I dont have as much coating/isnt as thick as it should be, am I able to apply a second coat over those areas as long as they blend in with the surrounding areas? This is my first time doing a ceramic coating so I want to be sure I fix the few areas right