Customer Service 866.965.0400

Pics from Corvettes At Carlisle 2009

Here are some pics I snapped this weekend. If you were there and have any to add, feel free to add them to this thread! :flag::flag::flag:

IMG_2664.jpg

IMG_2616.jpg

IMG_2651.jpg

IMG_2659.jpg

IMG_2636.jpg

Chris (Chris05GTO) and his charming wife Debbie. This weekend their son Adam got the GREAT news that he was accepted into the FBI training program. Congrats Adam!!! :rockon:

IMG_2654.jpg

How's this for cool? Gary shows up with his AMAZING Vette right in the middle of a downpour. And then, despite the rain, he pops the hood so everyone can check out a sea of chrome in the exquisitely detailed engine compartment.

IMG_2635.jpg

IMG_2632.jpg

IMGP0269-1.jpg

IMGP0264.jpg

IMGP0263.jpg

IMGP0267.jpg

This is the 1.5 millionth vette built, straight from the museum in Bowling Green, and getting dripped on like crazy during Friday's storm. If you ever get the chance to buy it, don't believe any "never seen rain" claims. :lolsmack:

IMG_2612.jpg

MarylandVette gets a brain transplant/tune courtesy of East Coast Supercharging. Made for a nice difference on the ride home, and a steal at $99. :cheers:

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nice pics Rich! It was nice to see you and Linda again. :hi:

What kind of tune did ECS do on your car?

Man, that rain was something! We didn't hit any on the way home this afternoon though. Maybe it's gone for a while.

Nice pics Rich! It was nice to see you and Linda again. :hi:

What kind of tune did ECS do on your car?

Man, that rain was something! We didn't hit any on the way home this afternoon though. Maybe it's gone for a while.

Thanks! the tune I got was to smooth out an earlier tune by an ECS competitor -- I just wasn't happy with the first one; it was just too aggressive. So ECS got my shifting pressure and shift RPMs smoothed out, fixed an A/F ratio problem, and did a few other tweaks to make the car more pleasant to drive. :thumbsup:

I also need to add a HUGE THANKS to Adam for the great customer appreciation party that he hosted on Friday and his always amazing generosity and friendship. Adam, his team, and his customers are just the best people to spend the weekend with. It was terriffic to catch up with so many old and new friends this weekend. And for anyone who has yet to see the uber-hardworking AJ in action, you gotta catch this mad-man at a show. You won't stop laughing and smiling. :2thumbs::2thumbs::2thumbs:

Thanks for posting pics Rich. With all the rain it sure wasn't the best weather for detailing. It was great seeing everyone again and I especially want to thank AJ (Junkman) for the early Saturday morning brain picking session. It is just great to learn from the pros. Of course the entertainment that AJ provides is second to none. Thanks Adam for dinner Friday and some conversation when you had the time. It sure was fun just handing AJ stuff and helping some to clean up the fantastic ZR1 across the aisle on Friday. It was well worth the 6 hour drive just see everyone and learn more on detailing fine points.

I certainly didn't take many pictures with all of the rain but here are some of illustrious cast of characters. I waited until the traffic in the tent died down some. Most of the time the tent was so busy it was hard to get to the tables. I know that Adam was hunting down more VRT at the end of Friday because he was out already. They were running low on a lot of other stuff.

I loved the comment about the M tent. Someone came into the Adams tent and mentioned that there wasn't anyone in the other tent and the three "sales" people seemed to be asleep. It was a stark contrast to the dynamics in the Adams Polishes tent with Adam, AJ and all the others that are enthusiastic and charismatic. It's a great experience for me to just watch everyone work the public. I can't tell you how many people would say that they hadn't heard of this company and then would plop down their hard earned cash and walk away with quite a bit of product after talking to Adam or AJ. Rain aside, it was a lot of fun for me.

Edited by McDuff

Ok I sorted through my 140 pictures and found 73 that came out good enough, and resized them to a more manageable resolution. I'll only post about twenty or so and I'll provide the link to the folder where I saved them so everyone can see the rest

The first one is from the appreciation party Friday night. I tried to get a decent pic but some jerk parked his vette in the way :lolsmack:

Picture%20010.jpg

Picture%20095.jpg

Picture%20008.jpg

Picture%20009.jpg

Picture%20021.jpg

Picture%20025.jpg

Picture%20030.jpg

Picture%20037.jpg

Picture%20039.jpg

Picture%20041.jpg

Picture%20043.jpg

Picture%20045.jpg

Picture%20052.jpg

Picture%20053.jpg

Picture%20057.jpg

Picture%20060.jpg

Picture%20077.jpg

Picture%20080.jpg

Picture%20084.jpg

Picture%20090.jpg

Picture%20097.jpg

Picture%20099.jpg

Picture%20105.jpg

Picture%20112.jpg

Picture%20114.jpg

Picture%20118.jpg

Picture%20122.jpg

Picture%20123.jpg

Picture%20125.jpg

Click here to see the entire set of photos I took

You guys are a riot. Nice pics Gerry...........the first one's the best! :lolsmack:

I just got home a short time ago, since I had to drive back down there today. So I'll be posting up a few pics shortly. Stay tuned. :2thumbs:

Cool pics, Gerry. Wasn't it cool seeing all those Grand Sports line up? :2thumbs:

Also, you caught my car in one of those parking lot pics! I won't bother trying to make anyone figure out where it was, though... it's like one of those situations where only a parent could find it's kid. :lolsmack:

Okay, here we go. We got there Thursday afternoon to a nice hot sunny day. Spent the afternoon checking out people setting up and all the great cars that were already there. Got to spend a few seconds with Adam too. Friday am. was cloudy, but no rain yet. AJ strolled through our tent passing out samples and spent a few minutes talking with him before he made converts of people parked across from us. Then the rains came. We found this guy hanging out on top of the tent. Once the rain really started coming down, he hid out under the flap for the duration.

000_2360.jpg

Even though the rain kept coming, the crew at Adam's were hard at work. Adam had a few buddies following him around all weekend like fleas on a dog filming him for Digital Corvettes TV. By today, I think he wanted to bury them all, but he kept on smiling and working.

000_2382.jpg

000_2383.jpg

Met up with a few of the great gang we had met at Grabiaks in April. That's Rich (MarylandVette) on the left and his lovely wife Linda on the right, Rich and his lovely wife Betsy in the middle. Sorry Rich2, I tried but couldn't remember your last name, but you know who you are.

000_2380.jpg

Here's the three Stooges (3 Rich's)

000_2381.jpg

Friday nights party at Adam's was a blast. We almost got there too late to eat because we got trapped at the fairgrounds in a storm, but Adam made sure everyone got plenty to eat and drink and was a great host once again. He even shared videos of his "munchkin" and she's a hard little thing to resist. What a face! Cute as could be for sure. Thank you Adam for feeding our sorry butts. (sorry, no pics)

Saturday started out dry again, but the rains came once more, but only stayed for a short while and then the sun came out. I got to meet racing legend Mario Andretti and had him sign my fuel rail cover for the Vette.

000_2373.jpg

My wife kept begging me to buy her this blue grand sport. Sorry honey.

000_2398.jpg

After lunch, I came back to find this on my windshield. Myfirst!

000_2377.jpg

That got me this nice little trophy and pic.

000_2415.jpg

So all in all, it was a very successful weekend. I went through a bottle each of waterless wash and detail spray and TONS of microfibers, but it was great. The reason we were there though was the CARS!

000_2413.jpg

000_2412.jpg

000_2410.jpg

000_2404.jpg

000_2402.jpg

000_2399.jpg

000_2396.jpg

000_2389.jpg

000_2379.jpg

000_2375.jpg

000_2361.jpg

Again....THANK YOU ADAM!!

I also need to add a HUGE THANKS to Adam for the great customer appreciation party that he hosted on Friday and his always amazing generosity and friendship. Adam, his team, and his customers are just the best people to spend the weekend with. It was terriffic to catch up with so many old and new friends this weekend. And for anyone who has yet to see the uber-hardworking AJ in action, you gotta catch this mad-man at a show. You won't stop laughing and smiling. :2thumbs::2thumbs::2thumbs:

:iagree::iagree: Adam definatly knows how to take care of his friends! :grouphug: