Customer Service 866.965.0400

Removing wax

Stryker

Question

After the wax has dried and is ready to be removed I normally wipe it off and leave it at that.

Recently, I've been seeing that some people use detail spray to remove it.

I'm confused on when to use it. Would I wipe the wax off as normal then go over the car with the DS to make sure I got it all off? Or do I spray it on top of the dried wax and then wipe the car down?

Thanks! Sorry for the dumb question. :hi:

13 answers to this question

I think Detail Spray just gives it that extra little pop after the wax has been removed.

I dont think spraying DS on the dried wax will help remove the wax or anything.

Whenever I use MSW I always just wipe it off and leave it at that, then the next day I go over it again and then do a once over with DS and it gives it a nice shine.

i have heard people after a wax hit the whole vehicle with a quick mist of detail spray to wipe it down for, like you said, an extra pop. but also for those nooks and cranny's you might have forgotten a smidgen of wax in. i know on a bright sunny day i can see on some of the plastics and in the molding edges/door edges random thin strips of wax. if i used the detail spray i wouldnt have had that(or in/out/APC on plastics and some blue painters tape). it is just your finisher in my opinion after a wax.

For the mostpart, if you're applying the products in thin coats (as you should) they will remove with nothing more than a dry microfiber towel. In the event you put it on too thick or the product is difficult to remove adding a light mist of Detail Spray will help to soften it up for removal.

Good to know. I had a spot when I used the Americana the first time I had a hard time getting it off, I will have to remember this next time.

Archived