Customer Service 866.965.0400

Windshield Help

Kingsford

Question

My windshield is clean thanks to Adam's Glass Cleaner. However in the sun you can see what looks like cobweb scratches and little dots in the glass.

You cant feel them at all. The glass feels smooth if you rub your hand over it. The towel doesnt get snagged or anything on it. Any idea on what I can do?

I tried to take pictures but you can not see anything

9 answers to this question

I have the dots on mine but no "cobwebs".

Mine is due to sand blasting from the 92,000 miles I've got on it.

I've found replacing them gets rid of the dots.

I always clay mine with the glass cleaner and then put a coat of sealant on. Still see the dots.

My best guess is that your windshield has a little sand blasting. Are the "cobweb" scratches in the wiper path? If so, it colud be from debris getting under your wiper blade. My Explorer's windshield is terrible. I used to work next to a foundry and the casting sand got all over the place.

My best guess is that your windshield has a little sand blasting. Are the "cobweb" scratches in the wiper path? If so, it colud be from debris getting under your wiper blade. My Explorer's windshield is terrible. I used to work next to a foundry and the casting sand got all over the place.

They are beyond the wipers path.

Glass can be polished but it is very very hard. Try SHR on a yellow spot pad on a powered drill and let it rip. You cannot burn through the windshield so you should be good. If you do cut the glass to deep the optics may get distorted but I doubt the SHR yellow pad has enough cut to do so.

My windshield is clean thanks to Adam's Glass Cleaner. However in the sun you can see what looks like cobweb scratches and little dots in the glass.

You cant feel them at all. The glass feels smooth if you rub your hand over it. The towel doesnt get snagged or anything on it. Any idea on what I can do?

I tried to take pictures but you can not see anything

I think what you have going on is whats been mentioned (Sand blasting) from road micro debris.I have a simular situation from what your describing on one of my work vehicle's (Chrysler LHS 250,000 miles) and I have the same windshield situation as your describing.

If your looking for a fix,"Guy's in the little red truck" replaced (2) of my windshields with brand new one's and installed for under $250.

As stated in an earlier post, "you can not burn through the windshield", but you still need to be careful. You can create a "lens" or "fisheye" effect by polishing glass. A friend had the glass on his 68 GTO polished during restoration. Needless to say, he now plans to replace all the glass due to the distortion. Unless it's a safety issue, I'd leave it alone. If it is a safety issue, I'd replace it.

Archived