Customer Service 866.965.0400

1st Flex use

jpu471

Question

In between the rain I had to try the new machine. Works as advertised. Used my sons car which was pretty swirled, I don't think you need pictures I think you've all seen a swirl. Started with Green and went through to Buttery. It was quicker than the PC and did an outstanding job. The only issue I had, especially with the Green, was a huge amount of dusting. The paint wasn't particularly hot and I used more DS but still got a lot of the dust. In no way am I as experienced as some of you but the reason I bought the Flex is because I have no garage and I have a very small detail window before the Sun gets me. This machine really helps. Oh and its not hard to use.

10 answers to this question

Yea, I think some people are a little intimidated by the forced rotation. It's a considerable help in the corrective process - taking time off each step. As long as you're mindful that the potential for mishap is marginally greater than the PC most will be ok operating the FLEX.

Glad you got a chance to play with your new toy :) as I'm sure your son is too.

What's this bad boy like for vibration? I have to say I don't look forward to using the PC each time, it just leaves my hands dead for hours after!

I used my Flex at a 5 setting and I used my PC at a 5 too. I would say might vibrate less than a PC. The Flex is a pound heavier and I noticed that. But I have never had a problem with my arms or hands being sore after I use either machine. The thing about the Flex is that your buffing time will be cutting down by at least half. So the time you'll save will the Flex will put less abuse on your hands.

I was surprised, but the Flex in some ways was easier to use. I thought the vibrations and even the noise were a little less than the PC. Every now and then I could feel a side ways pull of the rotation but once you "knew that direction" it was easy to keep the pad on task. Mostly you notice how much quicker the results are. I also thought the shape of the machine although larger that the PC was more comfortable, at least on the horizontal surfaces, but what isn't?

Archived