Customer Service 866.965.0400

thinning out unvisible undercarriage?

Agent 009

Question

10 answers to this question

I'm no chemist, so when I dilute anything - my only attempt is with distilled water. If that doesn't work, then I just accept the fact that I use it at full strength.

With that said... I tried to do that with IUS at different ratios with no success. It's full strength for me :)

Here's what I do. I have a long handled brush (it's a toilet bowl brush actually) that has a flat round end with a removable terry cloth that covers it. I spray the UCSpray lightly on the wheel wells or the cloth and spread it out with the cloth. Don't use as much and works just as well. And the handle makes it real easy to get to every inch of the wheel wells, even deep iside. I never just keep spraying till it's all consistant. Wastes too much product.

Here's what I do. I have a long handled brush (it's a toilet bowl brush actually) that has a flat round end with a removable terry cloth that covers it. I spray the UCSpray lightly on the wheel wells or the cloth and spread it out with the cloth. Don't use as much and works just as well. And the handle makes it real easy to get to every inch of the wheel wells, even deep iside. I never just keep spraying till it's all consistant. Wastes too much product.

I hope that brush is clean!:lolsmack::jester:

Good tip!:thumbsup:

I try to minimize it amount using during application. I just spray some UC and then use a foam applicator to spread it evenly. I also do not use harsh cleaners in the wells during maintenance washes where it really is not needed. I think UC lasts longer. A good brush/sponge with soap cleans well enough.

Have you used Undercarriage Spray yet? It is already thin, that way it gets into all the cracks!:2thumbs: And it smells great too!!;)

i got a 4 oz bottle with the sampler kit. i like it. i was just trying to find the best way to make it last when using it on customer's cars.

see, i work in an independent auto reair shop. when i get done with something under the hood, like an oil change or a tune up or something, i like to clean it up as best as i can. you know, so if the customer hapens to peak under the hood, it looks more like something was done when they can't necessarily see the repair. plus, working in a clean engine bay is much more appealing to me. :D but since detailing under the hood isn't required, and i'm paying for these products out of pocket, i try to get the most out of them while still doing an efficient job.

...ok, i'm done talking. i know i probably put everyone to sleep. ;)

i got a 4 oz bottle with the sampler kit. i like it. i was just trying to find the best way to make it last when using it on customer's cars.

see, i work in an independent auto reair shop. when i get done with something under the hood, like an oil change or a tune up or something, i like to clean it up as best as i can. you know, so if the customer hapens to peak under the hood, it looks more like something was done when they can't necessarily see the repair. plus, working in a clean engine bay is much more appealing to me. :D but since detailing under the hood isn't required, and i'm paying for these products out of pocket, i try to get the most out of them while still doing an efficient job.

...ok, i'm done talking. i know i probably put everyone to sleep. ;)

It will pay off for you in the long run!:thumbsup:

I try to minimize it amount using during application. I just spray some UC and then use a foam applicator to spread it evenly. I also do not use harsh cleaners in the wells during maintenance washes where it really is not needed. I think UC lasts longer. A good brush/sponge with soap cleans well enough.

:iagree:

I usually clean the wells with pre-mixed Wash Shampoo in a bottle with a foaming sprayer.

Archived