Customer Service 866.965.0400

Gall bladder update...

Faze

Got my gall bladder out on thursday (16th), had a few complications. But today Im actually doing better, moving around more. etc...

Rhe doctor said in the years he's been doing this, hes never seen one so rotten, bloated, and stretched. the "ducts" were stretched to the point they were "free flow" so basicly I had the effect of no gall bladder for the last 15 years cause of the ducts being as open as they were.

I cant wait to see the pictures of it. There was a few small stones in there that werent able to pass. he said as stretched as the ducts were, they were to big to pass. :willy:

been there done that the only part i hate about it is that with no gallbladder i go way to much lol the doctor warned me it could happen and man did it.

Go too much as in #1 or #2?

To the OP, good to see you're doing well.

#2 with no gall bladder the bile just runs thru your system so sometimes it dont matter what i eat it just goes right thru. You dont know how many things i missed because i have like attacks and just have to go and go it causes alot of issues for me. sometimes its so bad i have to call out of work.

#2 with no gall bladder the bile just runs thru your system so sometimes it dont matter what i eat it just goes right thru. You dont know how many things i missed because i have like attacks and just have to go and go it causes alot of issues for me. sometimes its so bad i have to call out of work.

THIS is so very true!

To this day if I am on a road trip or out in public, I try to avoid eating unless it's something I've had before and I know it doesn't give ANY reaction.

I am glad to hear you are doing better. When my gallbladder attack came my white blood cell count was over 32,000 - I was in the hospital for over a week. May you have a swift recovery!

Just another update...

Sunday (19th) 3 days after I had the gb removed. I had a couple days worth of "explosive" bathroom visits. Ate a salad so I think I over did it...

I started on the fiber hard Sunday night (5 fiber taps), and 2 Aligns

Monday: 2 fiber tabs in the morning, 2 mid day and 2 at night while on Align

After a day it reduced the "explosive" visits in half. (ate nothing but soup)

Tuesday: Cut back to 1 in the morning, 1 mid day, and 2 at night with Align. (sorta clogged my self up I think LOL (stayed with soup diet, and Reeds Ginger Ale)

Wensday: Align in the morning, 2 fibers mid day, 2 fibers at night (soup)

Thursday: morning I did Align, mid day 1 fiber tabs, and 2 at night. (went the the bathroom normal for once in 10+ years) Zero pain etc... Felt so awesome

Ate only a peanut butter and jelly sammich. Did just fine

Friday morning: Oatmeal, Align, Salad with some very lean to zero fat on this meat mixed in with the salad. Took the risk, I know... ZERO problems.

2 fiber tabs at night.

Saturday: Oatmeal, Align, had some Cinnamon kinda bread (very sweet), didnt eat again till later. (grilled seasoned chicken breast) 2 fiber pills ZERO Issues... Went to the bathroom normally.

Sunday: Oatmeal, Align, soup mid day, steak n potatoes. followed up with 2 fiber pills. Zero Issues.

Monday (today): Oatmeal, Align, Salad with 2 tamales, later on tonight, had 3 tamales. Followed up with 2 fiber pills.

Ive gone this route of things to do. Oatmeal in the morning, followed up with "Align" eat whatever I want (with in reason through out the day) then 2 fiber pills at night... Also I drink 3 or 4 bottles of Reeds Extra Brew Ginger Ale. A couple bottles of water. So far so good :D

http://www.fiberchoice.com/Products_tablets.aspx

http://www.aligngi.com/index.php?gclid=CNHBlamWjqYCFddA2godTAqtZA

http://www.reedsinc.com/brews/

Archived