Customer Service 866.965.0400

The Horror!

dday

Question

So we had quite the snow storm the last couple of days here in MA. I was out in my condo buildings lot digging out my car when I saw something I just couldn't believe.

Now in general I cringe when I see people using the nylon brushes to brush off snow from their car (the painted portions at least), but what I saw was even worse. A guy with a Cadillac CTS was using a snow shovel to shovel the snow off his trunk, and then dragged the shovel across his roof to clear that snow off. The sound it made was just cringe worthy.

21 answers to this question

I've done the shovel trick. I do it VERY slowly and ONLY when there's 6 or more inches on it, and I NEVER touch the paint. My shovel IS plastic, but like I said. It doesn't touch the paint. Oh and I don't do this to the G8... Just the wife's Enclave.

Chris

So I was eatin lunch at Arby's and across the street there is a gas station,I'm in Minnesota and it's been pretty cold lately and vehicles can get real crappy lookin' if you don't have a heated garage. This guy about 25-30 years old is washing his car with the window squeege,soaking down the sponge,splashin' the windshield fluid all over his car and drying it off with the squeege---some people !!!!:burnout:Waiting for the snow to go AWAY !!!(My R/T is getting restless)

The car is the most expensive thing the bank own that they let me drive.:mad: I am just making sure when they don't own it anymore that it worth a lot more to ME. Same with the house. I spend money keeping what I have nice. I like nice things. And I hate it when someone (in my mind) disrespects them selves by not taking care of what they have paid hard earned money for what they have. Worse is when the don't respect what I paid hard earned money for.

I guess that comes from growing up poor. You learn to take care of what you have. Especially when you have what you want and not what you need.

I think with most of us cars are a passion. Its not that they are the second most expensive thing we own by its self. I have had my house so long they are a close second. Soon they will cost more than I paid for my house. some already do but not that I have. I have been a car nut since I was a little kid. And I have loved every minute of it.

Just had a typical discussion over Christmas. Was talking to some of my family about going to Delta Sonic and my mom says..well what's a few swirls anyways it's just a car. My reply to that is always..well next to my house it's the next most expensive thing I own. Why wouldn't I want to have it in the best condition possible. I said, how come you dust and vacuum the house mom? It's just a house LOL. I'm fighting a very steep uphill battle with most of my family. They're all of the mindset of spending money on washing a car is a waste. :(

Look at most 5 year old cars and you will see most people don't care about their cars. Its sad when you consider what they cost. Just look at the line at the drive thru car wash. If people cared about their cars those would not even exist.

:iagree:

Today I drove by the local car wash. Every single stall was full with at least 1 person waiting for each one. The automatic stalls probably had 7 or 8 people in line at each one. I just drove by thinking to myself....Customers :lolsmack:

And some are burned out.

Right you are.....

Anyways......

I saw someone doing the exact same thing! It was only an accord (haha) but it was still painful to see! This is the same guy that used a mr.clean magic eraser to clean the bugs off of his car before!

Archived