Customer Service 866.965.0400

S.vrt or in and out spray?

2010vette

Question

On my Vette the brake fluid reservoir is made of white plastic. Also on the plastic valve cover-covers, Corvette is spelled in red letters. I want to keep these colors bright. So are Super VRT and In and Out Spray just for darker colors? Should I just wipe them off with damp cloth and leave it at that?

Thanks Dave

15 answers to this question

lots of vette guys in here that will give more vette specific advice than me .....I not think it would hurt the lettering but not sure that it would be the best option for this particular application..... give it a few vette enthusiast will respond :D

lots of vette guys in here that will give more vette specific advice than me .....I not think it would hurt the lettering but not sure that it would be the best option for this particular application..... give it a few vette enthusiast will respond :D

Thanks Lee,

On my Vette the brake fluid reservoir is made of white plastic. Also on the plastic valve cover-covers, Corvette is spelled in red letters. I want to keep these colors bright. So are Super VRT and In and Out Spray just for darker colors? Should I just wipe them off with damp cloth and leave it at that?

Thanks Dave

While I&O was unavailable some used VRT cut with water 50/50 (or higher - up to 75% VRT) to treat the engine compartment. It works well and is a little more economical than using all that spray!

For plastic under the hood I'd turn to I&O Spray.

I use I&O for Under the Hood, Cowl and Plastic undercarriage trim.

I use SVRT for Tires, Door Handles, Bed Cover and Bed Rails Basically any plastic facing upwards (besides cowl cause I can't reach).... I have a truck obviously.

While I&O was unavailable some used VRT cut with water 50/50 (or higher - up to 75% VRT) to treat the engine compartment. It works well and is a little more economical than using all that spray!

Good to know Michael. Thanks for the tip!

Thanks Dave

SVRT and I&O are for plastic, rubber, vinyl, and similar materials regardless of color. Because black plastic and trim is pretty much the norm many people come to assume that these products are only for use on dark colored surfaces, not at all the case. You're fine to put them on those areas, as a matter of fact they will be protected just the same as any other surface. :2thumbs:

SVRT and I&O are for plastic, rubber, vinyl, and similar materials regardless of color. Because black plastic and trim is pretty much the norm many people come to assume that these products are only for use on dark colored surfaces, not at all the case. You're fine to put them on those areas, as a matter of fact they will be protected just the same as any other surface. :2thumbs:

Glad to hear it from you Dylan:thumbsup:

Archived