Customer Service 866.965.0400

Interior detail cost

19stang88

Question

12 answers to this question

In Boulder, Colorado, the going rate is $15-25/hr. Basing price on the amount of time invested can insure you are paid for the ultra-filthy jobs. I would charge a minimum of $60 to cover your travel and house-call expenses. :2thumbs:

For a normal interior detail I normally only charge $65 but that's with a car that is keep in decent condition between details................. for 5 to 6 hrs on the interior I would @ least double if not triple that.... I actually charge more if the Int. is destroyed lol.

My price is low because i have to be competitive in regards to the comp. & the interior only detail is my cheapest.... but i have an extractor to which makes work faster.

The best way to get a good rate and not under cut yourself is this............ call around to SEVERAL detail companies, explain in detail (as if ity were your car) what needs to be done & get a rough guesstimate of cost..... then adjust your price so you make profit & still offer competitive rates. *** Competitive dose not mean u have to undercut the competitions prices, necessarily.***

** i expect rates would varry by state & location**

My normal interior charge is 85.00 and that includes a spot cleaning of any stains on carpets, but full leather cleaning, etc of all other pieces and parts. More $$ if the inside is a total wreck or leather needs a multi step process. Although that may seem a little high, I'm also the same guy who generally gives a complimentary vacuum and surface dressing FREE when customers spend the big bucks for a multi step paint correction exterior polish and seal.

In Boulder, Colorado, the going rate is $15-25/hr. Basing price on the amount of time invested can insure you are paid for the ultra-filthy jobs. I would charge a minimum of $60 to cover your travel and house-call expenses. :2thumbs:

Adam, I was thinking somewhere around 60 bucks. I not professional nor have an extractor, but I do the Adams products! :thumbsup: I'll propose $60 and a throw a complimentary wash and shine up the tires with SVRT (great product by the way, I am simply blown away by how it resists against water when it is water based and still has a nice flat shine) and that way he comes back for more service. Thank everybody. I'll be sure to post up picture, before and after.;)

Good plan David! You don't need an extractor to charge $60 for an interior detail. In fact, if you have a wet/dry vac, you can get quite a bit of deep cleaning accomplished.

Can't wait to see the photos, and best of luck in your business!:thumbsup:

yeah an extractor is really only a luxury item lol Only reason I have one is my old boss gave me a heck of a deal on it. But it dose make quicker work of the job.

The good ones are pricey & I wouldn't have normally bought one unless i was doing TONS of DAILY details (which i 'm not @ this point) but i couldn't turn down a deal saving me over a grand lol!

yeah an extractor is really only a luxury item

True.

After I did the work on the Basketball Dad SUV (http://www.adamsforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=9348), I discussed borrowing an extractor from my detailer friend to clean the seats. He was happy to loan it to me, but explained that he has found the best to really clean the seats is to push the dirt through the seats, instead of pulling it to the top. He removes the seats and uses a pressure washer on the seats to force the dirt, dried liquids, etc. out the bottom of the seat. This is a more thorough cleaning, but does take time for the seat to dry.

I will let you know my results when I tackle that SUV again soon.

Wow, fifteen an hour! I don't feel that my ability is that high yet. This guy just asked me if I could detail his interior and I said sure. So I am looking for a fair price. Maybe 12 bucks an hour?

If you are going to operate as a business and not just to pick up extra cash, you will need to price it like a business. You have to cover travel time/costs, your labor during the job, materials used including wear and tear on equipment, insurance/business license expenses, etc. It can also include time/costs looking at cars to give estimates.

This gets buried into your base rate per hour you would charge per job. You can charge a premium for special work like when you have an extractor if you had one. Since the job takes x amount of time, it gets to how much you can get for an hour of work.

Of course, your competition (often not good) does set price expectations but $25 to $30 an hour seems to be average in our area. You can pay less for the guys wanting quick cash (not a long term player) and more for the established detailers.

If you are going to operate as a business and not just to pick up extra cash, you will need to price it like a business. You have to cover travel time/costs, your labor during the job, materials used including wear and tear on equipment, insurance/business license expenses, etc. It can also include time/costs looking at cars to give estimates.

This gets buried into your base rate per hour you would charge per job. You can charge a premium for special work like when you have an extractor if you had one. Since the job takes x amount of time, it gets to how much you can get for an hour of work.

Of course, your competition (often not good) does set price expectations but $25 to $30 an hour seems to be average in our area. You can pay less for the guys wanting quick cash (not a long term player) and more for the established detailers.

Thanks Al! I am not looking to open a business I am just doing some side work for a friend of a friend. He just randomly asked me if I detailed cars and I said "Yes." Although if I were to open a legit business I would consider a all the things you have mentioned.

Archived