Customer Service 866.965.0400

Adam's Water Repellent Super VRT...

Grubrunner

Question

Question: If I'm trying to achieve a little more of a "sheen" on my tires, should I be using more than one swipe of Adam's Water Repellent Super VRT or does it not really make a difference?

If so, how long should I wait between applications for another swipe or two?

Cheers.

23 answers to this question

Hey Adam, im just wondering if you got my email!

Not sure, email me now to Adam@AdamsPolishes.com. Be sure to put something in the subject, and no characters other than letters. My Spam filter settings are high, as my email address is posted everywhere!

LOL... 1 location, 8 employees.... we're hardly huge, but we are dedicated and hard working which makes us seem a lot bigger than we are.

big meaning adams are mentioned all over the us and sold all over. i mght of miss spoke about huge company . i ment known all over

:iagree: i love how this company feels like a small community. the forums and adams constant input help to achieve this. it puts your mind at ease that they are always trying to put out the best product they can and if there is ever an error, you won't be getting screwed over.

Eric with Thompson racing has been great for me so far as well. I have been difficult in placing my order but he has been there with me every step of the way. I suggest contacting him the next time any of you need some products!

eric@thompsonracing.com

Appreciate "da man" chimming in as I'm sure he has more important things on his plate.

Thank you kindly sir!

If it were not for Adam himself, I would not have bought Adams products. Adam makes it feel like a local store where they want to help you not just make money off you.

My everday ride is a Black 2006 Chevy Colorado Crew. I look after it but certainly don't baby it like I've done some other rides in the past..... or my current 2011 Hoe.

I've had it just under 2 years [purchased used] and have given it a "general" cleaning every now-n-then with your regular OTC products from Wally World. Never used Adam's Care Care products because I didn't want to waste my $$$'s on a ride I don't really care for all that much.... if you get my drift.

Today, I ran it thru a brushless car wash [yeah I know, I know], washed the wheels and tires seperatly [as I always do], gave it a compressed air dry followed by a microfiber once over.

I hit the tires with one pass of VRT using the big black sponge blocks that Adam's sells [i always cut them in half]. Looked like the tires just came off the production line.... matte black with a very slight sheen. Awesome! Immediately after finishing the last tire, I went back and did the rounds again. Wow! The depth of the black on the tires was considerably better as well as the sheen itself. Not a wet or gelly appearence... more like, imagine, a black vehicle that has just been washed with Adam’s Car Wash Shampoo, had a once over with Adam's Detail Spray and finishes with Adam's Brilliant Glaze.

Two passes with the VRT is the method I'm using on my tires from now on. If you haven't tried it, do so.... the finish is amazing!

Oh, and did I mention no sling?!?!

:thumbsup:

Just though I'd share...

PS: I'm in the process of purchasing a camera so I apologise for no pics to back my claim.

You kidding me, more important than helping a customer get the right sheen on your rubber? This is a small company my friend, and I chime whenever possible, especially with input on achieving desired results...

Much appreciate your kindness Ed, and have an outstanding weekend!:thumbsup:

Go for a second swipe! Different rubber holds shine differently, and you will notice that sometimes, the SVRT leaves behind too much shine.

Other tires seems to drink it in, and remain matte. Hit it with a second coat after doing all 4 tires, and you should be able to accomplish a darker, slightly shinier finish.

We don't sell high gloss tire dressing, as they collect dirt, grime, and sling.

:2thumbs:

Archived