Customer Service 866.965.0400

Giving blood for a brother

lawson4450

So on january 10 th brother Fazio of the Asbury Park Fire dept was severely burned in a fire it was so bad that the first the lady from the burn center wanted to know was was he wearing gear? over the top half of his body was 3rd degree burns from the waist up. He has been thru several skin grafts already but the other day 5 of the guys from North Plainfield fire dept made the trek to the Asbury park and give blood for brother Fazio. There were almost 225 donors that day which they said is the busiest they have been in 5 yrs. So here is a little video and if you watch towards the end you will see my and FF Rob Beattie Im the fat one lol :lolsmack:

http://www.news12.com/archive/articleDetail.jsp?articleId=273071&position=1&news_type=news

I hope he's doing ok. 200plus at a blood drive is huge!

I give blood all the time, at least 3 times a year since I turned 18. We run a blood drive at our company. Organ Donor as well. you never know when it's gonna be your Brother, or you, who needs it. It's amazing how many people don't give.

Everybody should have to give blood. Doesn't matter if you know the person who needs it or not. I'm all for blood and organ donation 100%.

I agree. You never know when you will be the one that needs.

With all of those donors, it just goes to show what type of great person your fellow firefighter is. Nice job. :2thumbs:

yeah its gonna be long and slow they said he was burned so bad they thought he wasnt wearing any gear. luckily too the back of his head and not his face was burned not that it means much but i dont think his face will be really damaged.

Archived