Customer Service 866.965.0400

Hello From South Jersey!

3PedalMINI

Hello, my name is Brendon and i am obsessed with keeping my cars clean. Im 21 and my first car was a 2006 Mini Cooper S that got me really into obsessing about car care products. Over the years of experience and searching i have pretty well perfected my washing techniques and detailing.

I first started out with turtle wax (thats all I knew) :eek: then graduated to Meguires NXT 2.0 then Auto Glym and finally i am starting to get onto Adams on my new Mini:2thumbs:

So far they have been great and i look forward to fixing the dealer placed swirls and scratches they placed in my paint from the "free delivery detail" i usually tell the dealers to NOT TOUCH MY PAINT but somehow they didnt get the memo.:mad: As soon as this weather breaks i am looking to get the PC 7424 and the products and pads from ADAM's! i have done extensive research on what looks best on black paint and from the pictures ADAM's gives me what i want.:)

I have gotten my washing technique down to a science and am extremly anal about keeping my car clean/swirl free! here are some pics of my new baby (all far away because i dont want to show how bad the paint looks close up lol) Looking foward to leaning a thing or two and to help perfect my hobby even more!

Foam Cannon pic...Foam on the paint for 5 minutes

IMG-20110202-00001.jpg

DSC03245.jpg

DSC03244.jpg

DSC03246.jpg

DSC03231.jpg

DSC03226.jpg

Lime Green brake calibers

DSC03228.jpg

DSC03209.jpg

DSC03205.jpg

Here is my current washing process:

1)Tires

2)Wheels

3)Pre-Rinse

4) immediate foam cannon (let sit for 3-5 minutes)

5)Rinse

6)Foam Cannon (let sit for 2 or so minutes)

7)Wash car with high quality Mit using two bucket method with grit guard's

8)Rinse

9)Take nozzle off and and carefully hose car down from top to bottom with a laminar flow of water

10) Immediately spray entire car down with Adams quick detailer

11) Use large CLEAN Adams waffle towel constantly folding working from top to mid then switch to 2nd clean towl to dry mid down.

12)Dry Door Jams

13)Clean Windows

14)Dry Tires

15)Add Tire Dressing

Sorry for a long first post!

Hi Brendon - welcome! Sounds like you are already well on the way in your wash technique. When you get your PC pads and polishes, your Mini will be in for a treat - no swirls and a very shiny finish! Plus you will love the SVRT for the exterior plastic

Thanks all for the compliments!

For all the fellow Jerseyins im in glassboro so maybe we'll cross paths sometime! also i cant wait for this weather to break and get into detailing her:thumbsup:

Also, what is the best way to get pictures of swirls and minor scratches? ive tried with my camera but they dont show up...i want to get everyones opinions on how to get light swirls out and a couple minor scratches on my paint that i noticed the day after delivery:mad:

is swirl & haze remover to rough for the minor swirls? i think the minor scratches will come out with swirl/haze remover with a little work

Thanks all for the compliments!

For all the fellow Jerseyins im in glassboro so maybe we'll cross paths sometime! also i cant wait for this weather to break and get into detailing her:thumbsup:

Also, what is the best way to get pictures of swirls and minor scratches? ive tried with my camera but they dont show up...i want to get everyones opinions on how to get light swirls out and a couple minor scratches on my paint that i noticed the day after delivery:mad:

is swirl & haze remover to rough for the minor swirls? i think the minor scratches will come out with swirl/haze remover with a little work

For getting pictures of the swirl makes I would try using your flash on the camera. If that doesn't work a nice 500w halogen light will do the trick. As far as removing the swirls, you want to always start with the less aggressive method first. Also are you polishing by hand or by a machine polisher like the PC or Flex?

For getting pictures of the swirl makes I would try using your flash on the camera. If that doesn't work a nice 500w halogen light will do the trick. As far as removing the swirls, you want to always start with the less aggressive method first. Also are you polishing by hand or by a machine polisher like the PC or Flex?

I plan on purchasing the porter cable 7424xp. ill try it with the fine machine polish. like i said in my first post they were placed by the dealer and from all the pictures i have seen it seems like they used a dirty towel to dry the paint. They dont have the characteristics of swirls:confused:

I will try the light on the paint tomorrrow, hopefully they will show up so i can get an experts opinion:thumbsup: to 99.8% of the population these would be normal and acceptable. i cant tell you how many people have walked up to me and commented how clean my Mini is. I just look at them, smile and say thanks. As im grumbling under my breath that this isnt clean, its driving me nuts:willy:

Archived