Customer Service 866.965.0400

Best way to clean off exhaust soot?

Diesel350

Question

So I tried cleaning the inside of my exhaust tip starting off by using 0000 grit sand paper and some elbow grease and didn't even make a dent. This soot has never been cleaned since I got the car 5 yrs ago. Is it possible to get it off with any product?

8cd8519c.jpg

Edited by Diesel350

Here's what the tailpipes looked like on my '13 Edge EcoBoost.

20140722_190534_zps66aacdb8.jpg

20140722_190545_zps19b52a0e.jpg

I tried All-purpose cleaner, deep wheel cleaner, claybar, and enough elbow grease to burn up my arms. Bar Keepers Friend was able to clean it up with almost no effort and in record time. It's the best stuff ever.

20140921_111607_zps7d41f702.jpg

Here's what the tailpipes looked like on my '13 Edge EcoBoost.

I tried All-purpose cleaner, deep wheel cleaner, claybar, and enough elbow grease to burn up my arms. Bar Keepers Friend was able to clean it up with almost no effort and in record time. It's the best stuff ever.

Gave you great results, does it normally have a satin finish or is that just the pic doing that? 

Also btw you shouldnt stack 20 pounders like that, one could fall and knock the valve off and cause a big boom. 

Edited by pirahnah3

Gave you great results, does it normally have a satin finish or is that just the pic doing that? 

Also btw you shouldnt stack 20 pounders like that, one could fall and knock the valve off and cause a big boom. 

Yes the tips are not chrome, they're a satin finish.

Ha, yeah the tanks are empty. I have since gotten rid of them.