Customer Service 866.965.0400

Americana applicator ...wash or store in container?

mike690001

Question

Just finished using Americana...Great stuff!!

Now my question is about the applicator pad.

Should I clean the hex applicator pad with All Purpose Cleaner and let it dry?

Or should I place it back in the Americana container with wax still on it?

8 answers to this question

Just finished using Americana...Great stuff!!

Now my question is about the applicator pad.

I let it dry and store separately. I have several of them though. If you store in the container, make sure the cardboard is between it and the wax.

Sent from my iPad using special algorithms and data nodes.

I was putting mine in a ziploc after using it(no cleaning), but the last time I got it out it out it looked odd. I grabbed an unused one to apply APW and cleaned them both after. The older one looked fine after cleaning. I let them dry completely and put them back in the ziploc (not sealed) for storage.

Mine came inside the can so I've always left it inside. Is that wrong, should I take it out for storage?

Not wrong, just kind of unnecessary. We ship with the pad inside for a couple of reasons:

1. Saves space in packaging
  2. Holds the wax securely in transit so it doesn't break/crack

Once you have the wax in your possession theres no need to keep the app inside... clean it after every use and treat it like you do the rest of your applicators pads and foam pads.

Once you have the wax in your possession theres no need to keep the app inside... clean it after every use and treat it like you do the rest of your applicators pads and foam pads.

For the record... I got 2 new americana applicators for xmas. Put one in my old tub (with less than 1/4 of product). Really did it to hold the Americana in place as it was starting to breakup. See pic...

IMG_2605.jpg

Well, after sitting in the tub for 3 months I pulled out the Americana to put a coat on the other day. And to my surprise the applicator was moist and was rotting and falling apart. I was glad I left the paper shield on top of the americana. Mold didn't get on wax, but applicator was ruined. So, I'd say never leave in tub.

Archived