Customer Service 866.965.0400

Getting caked on pollen out of seams

Laid GP

Question

I have a 2001 Grand Prix that is dark colored, and is now stored in a garage. However, at my previous place, it was stored outside. If you have ever lived in or visited the south in the spring you know that pine tree pollen coats everything in a gross green and yellow dust. I have a build up of that stuff in the edges of the cladding on the doors and quarter panels. What is the recommended way to get in there and get that out? It really stands out on the dark color and I want to get it gone before show season starts up again.

5 answers to this question

Soak the area with Waterless Wash and remove with a 'work' microfiber. Once it's clean hit it with Detail Spray and a good MF. It's up to you if you take it farther with Brilliant Glaze and Americana or Buttery.

I have a 2001 Grand Prix that is dark colored, and is now stored in a garage. However, at my previous place, it was stored outside. If you have ever lived in or visited the south in the spring you know that pine tree pollen coats everything in a gross green and yellow dust. I have a build up of that stuff in the edges of the cladding on the doors and quarter panels. What is the recommended way to get in there and get that out? It really stands out on the dark color and I want to get it gone before show season starts up again.

You really need to get it out, I have noticed that pollen if not removed will actually corrode the body and paint. Someone correct me if I am wrong,or knows what is in pollen that does this? But I live in a rural area where the hicks never wash their cars:willy:and I have noticed the pollen really takes its toll:hi:

Archived