Customer Service 866.965.0400

What to use on aluminum rims

• 1 month later...

:2thumbs:Well i finally got my order of metal polish #1 & #2 in 16 oz size (Thanks Don at http://www.showandshine.ca ) . So i pulled one of the rims off my firebird tonight and tried to clean them,All i can say is WHOW!!!!!! is this stuff good.I hardly used any polish (maybe a teaspoonful ), I spent maybe 1 1/2 hrs on it but i paid attention to getting all the water spots off. It looks like chrome already and i still need to finish it off with brilliant glaze. I am a believer now in Adams and can't wait to try the buttery wax & brilliant glaze on the paint! I will take pics of my next rim.:2thumbs:

I tied everything in the book to get the rims clean,mothers,bluemajic,neverdull,Flitz etc but nothing and i mean nothing is as good or as easy to use as ADAM'S

Ya I used mothers polish and hated it, actually have the full bottle still lol

What should i use to seal the aluminum after cleaning? I have buttery wax and brilliant glaze. One or the other or both?

Use the Buttery for protection. The BG will not add protection. The Machine Super Wax is your best bet for longer term protection.

If you wanted to, Machine Superwax is also an option. Use a blue applicator, let it set up for 45 mins, remove.

That would be great if i had some but i just started using Adam's stuff and only have metal polish 1 & 2 and buttery wax plus brilliant glaze. Actually the metal polish is the first of Adam's used,haven't tried the BW or BG.

Go with the Buttery Wax then to keep the wheels protected for now. Being that wheels are exposed to much more abuse (high heat, brake dust, road grime) Machine Superwax becomes the 'ideal option' as its synthetic formula holds up longer, but Buttery will give you some short term protection... just apply a coat after each wash to keep it up.

Archived