Customer Service 866.965.0400

What to use on aluminum rims

Thanks guys,Looks awesome.if my rims come that clean you won over another customer.i just bought some buttery polish & brillant glaze at an auto swap meet but didn't get a chance to try it out on my 69 firebird as it is still in winter storage. the guy didn't have any aluminum polish with him but would get it to me if i wanted it. Thanks. I've never tried Adams polish before.What's this americana ?

Thanks guys,Looks awesome.if my rims come that clean you won over another customer.i just bought some buttery polish & brillant glaze at an auto swap meet but didn't get a chance to try it out on my 69 firebird as it is still in winter storage. the guy didn't have any aluminum polish with him but would get it to me if i wanted it. Thanks. I've never tried Adams polish before.What's this americana ?

Buttery like you purchased is an easy on easy off wax with a little bit of fillers in it to hide some imperfections. Americana is a hard carnuba wax that gives you longer protection (1.5-2 times longer than Buttery) and a SUPER brilliant shine and depth to boot! It doesn't have the hiding qualities that BW (Buttery Wax) has, but the Brilliant Glaze you bought does.

What you want to do is get some of the NEW (literally came out a week ago) Adams #1 and #2 metal polish clean your aluminum until you're happy, then coat the aluminum with some BG (Brilliant Glaze) and coat with your BW for protection.

You'll be amazed!

Chris

I see #1 is 6oz and #2 4oz ,this doesn't sound like a lot of product.How many rims will this do? okay after more searching i found them in 16oz:willy:

Yeah... Buy the big ones.

Sent from my iPad using special algorithms and data nodes.

Harry, can you snap a few photos of your rims? I'd love to see the condition. Sometimes, on those wheels, a serious abrasive is needed.. . . . . .

Photos tell all, and if you can't post pics here for any reason, email them and we'll give a prescription....

:thumbsup:

Wow this thread has saved me so much money. I have some grille trim on my car that has the aluminum look, and was planning to bring it in for chrome plating, which would cost hundreds of dollars. So if I use metal polish #1 and #2 will make the aluminum trim to chrome?

Wow this thread has saved me so much money. I have some grille trim on my car that has the aluminum look, and was planning to bring it in for chrome plating, which would cost hundreds of dollars. So if I use metal polish #1 and #2 will make the aluminum trim to chrome?

Depends... If it's a quality aluminum it will make it look a lot like chrome. To look like chrome it pretty much has to be chromed. You can get it pretty dang close though.

Sent from my iPad using special algorithms and data nodes.

Those aren't bad IMO... I think 1&2 will make them pop... "Mom" makes some polishing tools that have a patent on them that will make your job easier as well...

Nice bird! :thumbsup:

My distributer quoted me

Good Morning Harry

Thank you for your inquiry. Each 16oz bottle sells for $27.99.

We currently only have metal polish 1 in stock as a 6oz bottle and sells for $14.99.

Metal polish 2 is a very recent addition from the manufacture. If you would like 16oz bottles please let me know and I will bring it in on our next shipment very soon.

Regards, Don

$27.99 Can. per 16 oz bottle? On your site it is Upgrade to 16oz

SKU: AMP12-16

Price: $39.95 us

Quantity:

Thanks guys,i've tried the power ball but not the cone,not a fan of the power ball.

I would use the smaller ball and the cone. They can make your life a little easier on the harder spots. Don't buy their metal polish... It's poo!

I would use the smaller ball and the cone. They can make your life a little easier on the harder spots. Don't buy their metal polish... It's poo!

I agree with you on the on their metal polish being poo ! Now if i can get Adam's for a good price,my distributer quoted me $27.99 PER 16oz or $55.98 Can. for a combo of #1 & #2:( Were as on This site i can get a combo of 16oz's for $39.95 U.S.

I agree with you on the on their metal polish being poo ! Now if i can get Adam's for a good price,my distributer quoted me $27.99 PER 16oz or $55.98 Can. for a combo of #1 & #2:( Were as on This site i can get a combo of 16oz's for $39.95 U.S.

Straight up ask him why so much... Could be due to the taxes and shipping.

Chris

Archived