Customer Service 866.965.0400

Adam's Pro Tire Sponges VS Super Block Sponges...

Grubrunner

Question

How are these different than the Super Block Sponges?

Has anyone switched over to the Pro Tire Sponges from the Super Blocks?

I love the Super Blocks [in pretty much every way] and use them on all my SVRT applications from the vehicle's inside to out, but the "handle" of the Pro Tire Sponges really appeals to me. I just don't want to purchase the PTS's and be disappointed with their ability to absorb the product and poor longevity.... unlike the Super Blocks.

I also don't know about the "pitted" or "grooved" face of the PTS's. What is the purpose of this design?

Any feed back would be appreciative.

Thank you.

10 answers to this question

Having just switched over, I can say that as far as the application itself, it is very similar. Easy on and smooth.

The difference to me is the way it feels in the hand. Easier to handle and maneuver, especially as you get to the bottom of your tires.

I find that the sponges tend to tear up when i am applying it on my tires. I am not sure why.....but the durability of the sponge vs the tire applicator is night and day.

I would suggest the tire applicator for the tires. It gets better coverage (IMHO) and it's definitely easier to hold.

I cut the blocks down to fit the sidewalls of my different tires. I have the pro sponge and prefer it inside for a quick seat conditioning job. Blocks ftw for me. I have them cut into all kinds of shapes.

Sent from my iPad using special algorithms and data nodes.

I've had a PTS for over 6 months and decided to use it for the first time the other day. I used it on the tires and running boards. I used the block for the rest. Personally I like the PTS for the tires and boards. The PTS fits in my hand nice and I keeps the SVRT off my hands. For the tighter areas I have a block cut into smaller pieces.

It really comes down to what feels better to you.

I find that the sponges tend to tear up when i am applying it on my tires. I am not sure why.....but the durability of the sponge vs the tire applicator is night and day.

I would suggest the tire applicator for the tires. It gets better coverage (IMHO) and it's definitely easier to hold.

I've heard this B4 from more than one bloke.

Thanks for your honesty.

I think the pattern on the PTS is designed to absorb more while spreading more evenly vs the Block. I dig it. A LOT

How is this possible when, technically, there's more surface area on the Super Block's "flat" surface that the Pro Sponge's "pitted" surface?

How is this possible when, technically, there's more surface area on the Super Block's "flat" surface that the Pro Sponge's "pitted" surface?

Your tire is not flat so the contours in the pro sponge moves with the tire better, therefore spreading better.

This is a case of GOOD vs. BETTER... they're both applicators, they'll both spread product, they'll both get the job done.

The Protire has the grip which is more comfortable, also the wave pattern face is a softer material than the blocks, allowing it to get into grooves, letters, and other things with less effort.

You CAN use the blocks for VRT on tires... I do it on occasion if my pro tire is dirty, but the dedicated app will just do a better job.

Archived