long streak of bad luck

MAYBEN

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

this just gets better..

I just had an estimate to fix my water issues in the basement..

french drains will be installed (and all the stuff needed to make it function).. all of the drywall cut about 4 feet up.. missing drywall replaced with non-organic material and metal studs.. walls in laundry room framed with metal studs walls have non organic material, all flooring in the basement covered with basement tiles that have a vapor barrier..

$19xxx.xx what the heck!

Edited by MAYBEN

this just gets better..

I just had an estimate to fix my water issues in the basement..

french drains will be installed (and all the stuff needed to make it function).. all of the drywall cut about 4 feet up.. missing drywall replaced with non-organic material and metal studs.. walls in laundry room framed with metal studs walls have non organic material, all flooring in the basement covered with basement tiles that have a vapor barrier..

$19xxx.xx what the heck!

That's some serious money! I'll be doing the french drains this summer (I think) Pipe, sock, crush stone, concrete should be less than $1,500. Reframe and finish should be some money though!:help:

we are still going to have a couple more quotes..

but I think we will just get the french drain and sump pump installed and try to do the rest ourselves.. which would make it around $6k for them to do that stuff.. a buddy of mine (who used this company) said he got his dehumidifier for around $300 or so and did the ductwork himself.. he also said I could use reg sheetrock (well the kind with moisture and mold resistance) for roughly $8 a sheet.. so maybe get the whole problem corrected along with my basement going back to the way it was for hopefully 10k or less..

theres still a lot we need to figure out.. also need to try and get a decent loan from a bank to help us out..

Only 1500 minus the pump? I do assume you are doing the work?

I am doing the work myself! Can't afford it otherwise. For $54.94 you can get 100ft of drain pipe(black with holes) and a sock for around $22. I would need two of each. The rest would be crushed rock and concrete, I don't know how much of each so I guessed at $1500. That would included saw of jack hammer. Half the basement is finished with a tile floor I put down , so I would loose 22 tiles on each side of the basement to put this in. I did buy an entire pallet of tile so I do have some left. Lots of time and lots of money...I don't have a lot of each!!!:mad::help:

lol I'm not saying I'll pay the 20, I'm gonna probly have them do the actual drain and pump install and the rest myself.. then theres a lifetime guarantee that I dont get water and thats transferable to the next owner and so on..

lol I'm not saying I'll pay the 20, I'm gonna probly have them do the actual drain and pump install and the rest myself.. then theres a lifetime guarantee that I dont get water and thats transferable to the next owner and so on..

One thing about home ownership is you learn to fix stuff or go broke. Sometimes I miss my old apartment where I could just call and say "Hey, its broke. Fix it" :D

**** dude what old ladies pennies did you steal to have karma up you butt like that, sorry to hear that but as flash said for 18k hell for 9 k labor ill drive up there and help i might do it just for some adams products. Heck maybe we can get him to do a detail show at your home and after we all help out for free products. YAY!

lol I guess I have to see how it pans out..

I have considered not fixing it, but then I lose use of the basement, value drops, and so on and so forth..

I want to fix it, then I can organize my laundry room, put a work bench so all my tools have a home, and a nice cabinet next to it for all my Adam's stuff..

Trust me ive been trying to return the 3 pennies i stole from an old lady for a while now but karma still keeps f'in with me. 4 months ago i took out a mirror on a box truck with my bucket truck, 3 ago i broke a guy i work withs hand in his door with my bucket truck(long story and very very wierd), and 2 weeks ago ive got traffic blocked on a 4 lane road to do some work in the air and while im reaching 30' up some lady rear ends me. Totaled her car and i went for a wonderful ride in my bucket. ill never be able to wear those pants again. Maybe BG will restore them.:lolsmack:

Hey.....just a run of unfortunate situations for you right now. Things will get better and you will be stronger for it! Keep plugging away at getting things fixed slowly but surely. You and your wife can do it! Don't give up!

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

trying to stay positive..

my job hunt continues..

also have another estimate tomorrow night, thurs night, and fri morning.. and my co. chief is gonna come take a look, he may have a much cheaper solution that fixes the problem..